Summer may be the ideal season for vacationing adults, but for newborn babies, it’s a different story. Swaddling a baby during warmer seasons may be a challenge because of the risk of overheating. That’s why we’re going to make your life easier by giving you our picks for the 7 best baby swaddles for summer.
Swaddling helps babies transition into a new environment by mimicking the warmth in the mother’s womb. But how warm should it be? Summer swaddles are available to reduce the risk of overheating, and since there’s a lot to choose from, we’ve done the research ourselves so you can find one suited to your needs from our list of the 7 best baby swaddles for summer.
|OUR TOP PICK
|Love to Dream Swaddle UP
|Slowly transition your baby from a full swaddle with the Love to Dream Swaddle UP. It features patented wings so your baby can sleep in their preferred arms up position that’s perfect for summer.
|SwaddleMe Luxe Easy Change Swaddle
|For babies that love being fully swaddled, the SwaddleMe Luxe Easy Change Swaddle provides a secure and comfortable fit that will lull them to sleep, making it one of the 7 best baby swaddles for summer.
|Henry Hunter Baby Swaddle Cocoon Sack
|Making it to our list of the 7 best baby swaddles for summer is the Henry Hunter Baby Swaddle Cocoon Sack. Swaddle your baby in this unique, soft, and stretchy cocoon and watch him dose off peacefully.
|Aden + Anais Essentials Easy Wrap Swaddle
|Swaddle your baby in cute designs with the Aden + Anais Essentials Easy Wrap Swaddle. These cotton-knit baby wraps feature an adjustable fit that complements your baby’s growth.
|Bublo Baby Swaddle Blankets for Newborn
|Provide your baby with the best sleep with the Bublo Baby Swaddle Blankets for Newborn. It features a breathable and elastic fabric that is perfect for the summer.
|Happiest Baby Sleepea 5-Second Swaddle
|If you love swaddles with popular ratings, you might want to try the Happiest Baby Sleepea 5-Second Swaddle. It was dubbed the #1 baby swaddle by the New York Times and is designed by swaddling expert, Dr. Harvey Karp.
|Miracle Baby Muslin Swaddle Blankets
|If swaddle wraps are not to your taste, we added a surprise to this list featuring the Miracle Baby Muslin Swaddle Blankets. The material is just right for the summer and can also function as a blanket, cover, and shade.
A Detailed Review On The 7 Best Baby Swaddles For Summer
Love to Dream Swaddle UP
Slowly transition your baby from a full swaddle with the Love to Dream Swaddle UP. It features patented wings so your baby can sleep in their preferred arms up position that’s perfect for summer.
This swaddle gives better sleep for babies as they move from a full swaddle to space where they can finally sleep with their arms up. The patented winged design of this swaddle gives them room to move around, and self-soothe as they adjust to weather changes.
The Love to Dream Swaddle UP is made of 93% cotton and 7% elastane, giving your baby a snug fit that mimics the womb. It uses a single layer for breathability, reducing any risk of overheating. It is free of harmful chemicals and flame retardants, ensuring your baby’s safety.
Babies’ needs are unique, and not all babies are suited to this type of swaddling. Consider your baby’s preferences before purchasing this item since not all needs are the same. Some babies also tend to suck on their hands, making the cloth wet.
- It uses patented wings technology so your baby can put his arms up freely
- It reduces the risk of overheating by utilizing a single breathable layer of fabric
- Its design allows you to swaddle up your baby in just three easy steps
- It uses a hip-healthy spacious design so your baby can move his hips and legs freely
- The top part of this swaddle may be too small, so be cautious with sizing
- Some babies will not be comfortable with this type of swaddle
- The cloth around the tummy is a little loose, making it difficult for some babies to settle
SwaddleMe Luxe Easy Change Swaddle
For babies that love being fully swaddled, the SwaddleMe Luxe Easy Change Swaddle provides a secure and comfortable fit that will lull them to sleep, making it one of the 7 best baby swaddles for summer.
This comfortable, easy change swaddle has an extra-wide hip area for easy hip movement. It uses hook-and-loop fasteners for its adjustable wings, so you’re sure they are securely in place for a perfect swaddle.
One of the best features of the SwaddleMe Luxe Easy Change Swaddle is its smooth-change zipper that makes diaper changes possible without unswaddling your baby. The fabric is extra-soft made of 65% polyester and 35% cotton, so it’s comfortable on your baby’s delicate skin.
After several washes, you may notice pilling on your swaddle’s fabric. And since there are differing opinions about this, it may be isolated cases. It is recommended that you follow the care instructions to avoid any inadvertent damage.
- It has a wide hip area for better hip movement
- It has an easy-change zipper so you can change diapers without unswaddling your baby
- It comes in a variety of sizes, so you have more options to choose from
- It is made of thin and lightweight material to reduce the risk of overheating, especially in summer
- The zipper doesn’t zip all the way, which causes problems for parents with fussy babies
- Some babies may be too small for the smallest size
- The material is not stretchable, which may be uncomfortable for some babies
Henry Hunter Baby Swaddle Cocoon Sack
Making it to our list of the 7 best baby swaddles for summer is the Henry Hunter Baby Swaddle Cocoon Sack. Swaddle your baby in this unique, soft, and stretchy cocoon and watch him dose off peacefully.
This cocoon swaddle material is 95% cotton and 5% spandex, providing your baby excellent space for movement because of its stretchy material. Unlike other swaddles in the market, this is a one-step swaddle that you wear on your baby like a sock to keep him snug and warm.
The opening of this cocoon-like swaddle set at 6 inches, doesn’t slide off your baby while sleeping. You can easily tie the loose end for smaller babies and still be assured there is enough space for movement because of the stretchy fabric.
Because the Henry Hunter Baby Swaddle Cocoon Sack comes in one design, with a unique adjustment-free feature, once your baby grows out of it, you’ll have to let it go. Velcro and snap models offer better adjustment options for growing babies. This is an aspect of the product worth considering before purchase.
- This swaddle is machine-washable and low maintenance
- You can easily adjust this swaddle for babies who prefer sleeping with arms out
- It uses a one-step swaddle technique by putting it on your baby like a sock
- It is velcro, snaps, and zipper-free, making it a unique swaddle blanket perfect for summer
- It may be too small for chubby babies
- Some babies grow out of it fast
- It has limited options for adjustment
Aden + Anais Essentials Easy Wrap Swaddle
Swaddle your baby in cute designs with the Aden + Anais Essentials Easy Wrap Swaddle. These cotton-knit baby wraps feature an adjustable fit that complements your baby’s growth.
Give your baby soothing sleep with this swaddle’s spacious bottom, allowing proper hip development. The hook-and-loop closures are noiseless, so your baby’s rest remains uninterrupted and undisturbed, at the same time making it easy for you to adjust to your baby’s fast growth.
This 100% cotton swaddles have a zipper that quietly glides to the bottom seam so your baby can still enjoy uninterrupted sleep during a quick diaper change. This swaddle comes in two sizes for variety and is easy to maintain.
Some babies move more than others, and the spaciousness of this swaddle might become a hazard if your baby decides to kick his way out of it. If you see that the item is too loose, make sure the swaddle is secured from top to bottom to avoid accidents.
- The fabric of this swaddle gets softer after every wash
- It features a quiet zipper mechanism for convenient diaper changes
- It keeps your baby snug and secure with its noiseless hook-and-loop adjustment
- It comes with three cute designs perfect for gifts
- There may be pilling on the fabric after several washes
- The size may be too large for smaller babies
- A part of the velcro on the top wrap hangs out and rolls up, which may be dangerous for your baby
Bublo Baby Swaddle Blankets for Newborn
Provide your baby with the best sleep with the Bublo Baby Swaddle Blankets for Newborn. It features a breathable and elastic fabric that is perfect for the summer.
These cute and adjustable baby wraps are made of breathable deluxe cotton fabric that promises comfort for your little one, which is why it is one of the 7 best baby swaddles for summer in our list. It mimics the calm, warm womb of a mother with its snug fit so you can make a soothing cocoon for your baby.
The hook and loop system of this swaddle wrap remains in top shape even after several washes. The material is shrink-proof making it easy to manage in the wash. It features creative patterns that come in different colors suitable to your baby’s unique personality.
If you need to change your baby’s diapers in the middle of the night, you have to unswaddle him completely. The Bublo Baby Swaddle Blankets for Newborn does not come with an easy-change system, which will be challenging for parents who have sensitive sleepers.
- The deluxe cotton fabric is breathable making it comfortable for your baby even during the summer
- The elastic material and sturdy hook and loop system keeps your baby snug and tight, mimicking the mother’s womb
- It is easy to wash and easy to maintain
- It comes in 3 individual, cute patterns making it a perfect gift idea
- If your baby starts moving a lot, they may get stuck
- Because of the spacious design, the excess fabric may get bunched up around the face
- There is no easy-change mechanism
Happiest Baby Sleepea 5-Second Swaddle
If you love swaddles with popular ratings, you might want to try the Happiest Baby Sleepea 5-Second Swaddle. It was dubbed the #1 baby swaddle by the New York Times and is designed by swaddling expert, Dr. Harvey Karp.
It’s easy to see why it achieved celebrity status. This 100% organic cotton swaddle features an inner band that provides a snug and comfortable fit, imitating the womb. It has plain and patterned designs to choose from, boasting luxuriously soft cotton for comfort.
This baby wrap stays in the top game by using a two-way zipper mechanism that opens top to bottom for quick diaper changes. The extra quiet velcro is also perfect for light sleepers, and the simple swaddle steps give parents a hassle-free experience.
The celebrity status of this swaddle wrap comes with a hefty price difference. Some parents may find this unacceptable, but some may be agreeable to the idea. To avoid any regrets, make sure you get the correct sizing and always check with your doctor whether your baby should still be swaddled.
- It is made of 100% organic cotton that’s safe for your baby and the environment
- It features a breathable mesh on the shoulders and legs to reduce the risk of overheating
- A special inner band keeps the fit snug around the arms and relaxed the hips down
- It is easy and fast to use
- The velcro strip’s rough side is larger than its counterpart and may stick to the baby
- It’s pricier than other similar swaddle wraps
- The fit may be too narrow for chunkier babies
Miracle Baby Muslin Swaddle Blankets
If swaddle wraps are not to your taste, we added a surprise to this list featuring the Miracle Baby Muslin Swaddle Blankets. The material is just right for the summer and can also function as a blanket, cover, and shade.
This ultra-soft Muslin swaddle blanket is made of 100% cotton and is a breathable, soft, and durable wrap for your baby in the summer. The lightweight material makes it safe for use in warm weather and promises you a safe, chemical-free blanket that will not fade.
You’ll need more than a swaddle in summer, which is why this blanket’s versatility will make your life easier. It comes in two cute designs featuring diverse and colorful designs with a size large enough to be used car seat canopy or a play mat. The set comes with 2 pieces, each in a different design, and two matching washcloths, which is great value for money.
Unlike the previously featured swaddles, this comes in a blanket form, which means it requires more work. It doesn’t have easy-change mechanisms for quick diaper changes and is not in stretchy material.
- It has breathable and lightweight material perfect for the summer
- The size of the blanket allows for multiple uses
- It comes in a cute design that makes it perfect for gifts
- It uses Muslin fabric, which is one of the most gentle and soft in the world
- Some pilling may show after several washes
- It takes more time to swaddle using a blanket
- There is no easy-change mechanism
You can beat the summer heat with your baby as long as you have the right swaddle. We hope the list of the 7 best baby swaddles for summer helped narrow your search and make you look forward to summer even more. Find out more about swaddles.