Here is one of the topics that moms need to learn. There are a lot of ways on how to dry baby bottles and how to sanitize them. But can you dry baby bottles with paper towels? In this article, I will discuss that and many other ways on how to dry baby bottles. Plus, I will talk about when to dry them precisely so that you can learn how to sanitize and dry your baby bottles properly.
Sterilizing Baby Bottles
The first thing you have to learn about before you know the answer to “Can you dry baby bottles with paper towels?” is how to sterilize baby bottles and make sure that they are clean enough for your baby to use.
Three Methods on How to Sterilize Baby Bottles
- Buy unscented bleach and mix two spoons of it in a gallon of water.
- Take the baby bottle apart.
- Submerge all of those parts into the mixture and make sure that there aren’t any bubbles.
- Let it sit for two minutes.
- Remove all of those parts from the solution.
- Let them dry.
There are microwave sterilizers that can help with sterilizing your baby’s bottles. But, before putting them in, you have to clean the microwave first.
You have to make sure that everything, all the bottle parts are sterilizer safe and are microwave safe.
The next method for sterilizing your baby’s bottles is the easiest and the most basic way to clean your baby’s bottles.
- Take your baby bottles apart.
- Grab a pot and put the parts inside.
- Fill the pot with water and make sure that it covers all the parts.
- Observe the bottles during the process and make sure that there are no air bubbles in the bottle.
- Let it boil and keep it that way for five minutes.
- Turn the heat off.
- Leave the pot to cool.
- Remove all the parts.
- Place them on a clean mat.
- Leave them to air dry.
Can You Dry Baby Bottles with Paper Towel?
No, you cannot dry baby bottles with a paper towel. That is the answer to the question, “Can you dry baby bottles with paper towels?”.
If you think why, well, here are the answers to that question:
- Paper towels can be filled with bacteria.
- Paper towels can crumble when in contact with moisture.
- Paper towels are not sanitary enough and might make the bottles bacteria infested.
- Paper towels can’t dry bottles up.
This is why you should not ever use a paper towel to dry your baby bottles up because it does not have that ability, and it might just make the bottles filthier.
When to Sterilize Baby Bottles
Another thing you need to know aside from “Can you dry baby bottles with paper towels?” is to sterilize the baby bottles.
You have to sterilize your baby’s bottles every once a week to ensure that the bacteria do not inhabit the containers.
You need to make sure that you sterilize them before you could use them for the first time.
When Your Baby is Sick
You have to make sure that your baby does not get infected once again by the same bacteria that made them sick, and that is why you must sterilize the bottles when the baby is sick.
When Using Second-Hand Bottles
Hand-me-downs are the best options when you have a baby because they are only going to outgrow them anyway, so why bother buying?
However, it is still risky to use these bottles for your baby because they can be dirty from being stored up for some time. Also, they can be contaminated with bacteria and other infectious germs.
This is why you have to make sure that you sterilize the bottles a lot and make sure that it is clean enough.
Can you dry baby bottles with paper towels? Sadly, no. You need to know that you can’t dry your baby’s bottle using paper towels because that is unhealthy and may build up the bacteria infestation. Also, paper towels can easily get broken down or melted when it arrives in contact with moisture. This is why you have to make sure that you don’t use paper towels to sterilize baby bottles. Remember, you have to let them air dry. Know more about baby bottles.