Can You Take Baby Bottles On A Plane?
Going to relaxing places can help give us a bit of a break from work or school. Also, traveling with your family is a lot of fun. But if you are traveling with your baby, you might want to know what you need to carry in the baby bag and the regulations you need to follow. A question that some new parents ask is: can you take baby bottles on a plane? Understandably, mothers can’t always breastfeed their babies, especially when traveling. That is way preparing formula milk can be handy when feeding the baby during a trip.
Items in the Baby Gear You Need During a Flight
If you want to bring your baby with you whenever you are traveling, there is a list of things that you need to carry before your departure. And if you are wondering if can you take baby bottles on a plane, the answer is yes. You can’t always breastfeed your baby during a journey. That is why you need this list to make sure you have all the things that your baby needs during a flight.
- Nappy change – Stocking up some diapers and other materials needed for a nappy change are the first few items you need to prepare when traveling with your baby. You will need a sufficient amount of diapers, wipes, changing pad, and pins.
- Muslin cloth – A muslin cloth is a versatile piece of cloth that is soft and gentle to the skin. It can be a cloth diaper or a burp diaper. But during a long flight, it is ideal to use this cloth as a burp cloth.
- Pillow – To make your flight comfortable for you and your baby, you will need to bring a small traveling pillow. There are different sizes and shapes that you can choose from so that it will be a lot convenient for you to carry when traveling.
- Sterilized bottles – Can you take baby bottles on a plane? – Yes. It is important to carry spare sterilized bottles while traveling. You don’t have to take a ready-mix formula in the bottle because some airlines limit the number of bottles you can carry.
- Formula mix in the bottles – It is advisable to have at least two ready-mix formula milk in sterilized bottles.
- Thermos with hot water – It is also advisable to carry a thermos with hot water inside so that you can mix the formula milk properly. If you have a long flight and run out of water, you can always ask the cabin crew to refill it.
- Formula dispenser – You will no longer have to carry the entire can of formula milk in the plane. There are different types of formula dispensers where you can fill in the right amount of powder that a single bottle needs.
- Baby first aid kit – Baby’s first aid kit is a must-have all the time. Even if you are not traveling, having the right kinds of medicines, gauze, and other first-aid essentials that your baby needs.
- Sanitized pacifiers – Carrying one or two pacifiers is a must to put your baby at ease.
Toys – During a long flight, there are times when your baby gets bored or don’t know what to do. Packing their favorite toy or book will help to entertain them during the trip.
- Baby blanket – Flights can be cold sometimes, and carrying a baby blanket is essential to keep your baby warm whenever they are asleep.
Spare clothes – There will always be a time when your baby’s clothes need changing. Packing a few clothes that are easy to wear is a must when traveling.
- Antibacterial wipes – Since an airplane transports people from one place to another, it is understandable that an airplane seat is full of germs and bacteria. Wiping your baby’s hands after he/she is finish exploring the space is essential. Also, you can use this wipe during a diaper change.
Flight Rules and Regulations When Traveling with a Baby
If you think traveling with a baby is easy, think again. Every airline has its own set of rules and regulations when it comes to traveling with a baby. Here are some of the important things that you need to know:
- Age – Some airlines have rules when it comes to the age of the baby. It will also require you to have medical clearance if your baby is less than 14 weeks old. Not unless if your baby requires a medical procedure where you need to travel from one place to another. You will also need medical approval from the ob-gyn and pediatrician to travel your baby by plane.
- Passport – A passport is needed if you plan to travel overseas, even if your baby is still very young.
Plane ticket – The cost of a baby’s plane ticket is also part of your expense. You will also need to decide whether you want to book a bassinet or not.
- Carrying breast milk onto a plane – Can you take baby bottles on a plane with breast milk? It will depend on the airline rules that you will be using because some airlines treat breastmilk like medicines, where it will go through screening.
New Born Baby Travel Guide
The first thing that you need to have when it comes to traveling with a newborn baby is the medical certificate. Some airline companies have a minimum age limit for their travelers. Before you purchase a plane ticket, you must have a medical approval and certificate that your newborn baby is healthy and safe to fly, especially for overseas traveling. Get more tips on baby bottles.
Traveling is fun, especially when you are with your family. If you are traveling with a baby, you must have enough items in the baby bag. Also, you must know if can you take baby bottles on a plane. Before traveling, be sure to check all the necessary regulations that the airline that you choose. It will less hassle for you and your baby as long as you have everything ready.
May 3, 2021
By: Alicia Davis
As a parent, you will do whatever it takes to give the best for your baby. There are a lot of sterilization processes that you need to do before giving them their toys.