How Long Do Mini Cribs Last?
Once our babies arrive in our life, everything that we are used to will change. We adapt, and we make the entire home safe for our babies to grow. When it comes to their sleeping area, we always go with cribs. Even if we are traveling, we always request a crib from the hotel, or sometimes we carry our mini crib for our baby. But how long do mini cribs last, especially when they are often used for traveling? Every traveling parent will always ask this question to make sure that the mini crib that they have for their baby will be worth it. Also, it is to make sure that the baby is sleeping comfortably even if he or she is in a different place.
Benefits of Mini Cribs For Traveling
If you are a parent who regularly travels from one place to another with your baby, you might want to have a mini crib to carry around. Knowing how long do mini cribs last can help you during your travel. It is to prevent you from purchasing a new one or use an overly used crib from the hotel. Here is a list of benefits that you can get from a mini crib when you are traveling:
Portable – Mini cribs are small and handy. It is portable and convenient for you to carry when you are out and about. Most of these cribs are foldable so that it will be easier for you to carry in the plane or pack in your luggage.
Space Saver – Even if you are not traveling, you can use this mini crib at home. Since it is small, it doesn't occupy that much space in your room. You can also easily reach for your baby since most of the mini cribs are short.
Faster Bed Transition - There are mini cribs where the sides are removable so that it is easier for you to carry around. You can remove one side of the crib and place it beside your bed to make it easier for your baby to transition to sleeping on a regular bed.
- Easy Cleaning – If ever your baby made a mess, you can easily clean the crib since there is not much space to clean. Also, you can reach for your baby and the mattress and other things in the crib easily.
Lifespan of a Regular Crib vs. Mini Crib
There are a lot of people who are questioning the lifespan of a crib. It will always depend on how often and how long your baby sleeps in their crib. If you are wondering how long do mini cribs last comparing it to a regular crib, this depends on how fast your baby grows and the durability of the crib. Babies tend to outgrow mini cribs faster because they grow up so quickly. Regular cribs can last a bit longer because most of them are expandable and allows you to convert them to a deeper crib once your baby learns how to walk. Regular cribs can last your baby up to three years when she’s ready to move to her personal bed. You can even hand it down to the next baby in the family. However, mini cribs can only last up to two years or shorter if often used for travel.
How to Choose a Mini Crib
Mini cribs may sound convenient and easy to use, but there are some things that you need to look into before getting one. It is to make sure that your baby will have the best night's sleep when they are in this crib. Especially after a long trip, your baby deserves a comfortable rest.
- Convenience – Make sure that the mini crib that you want to buy is convenient and easy to use. You don't need to hassle yourself when it comes to setting up the mini crib when you want to use it.
- Size – Understandably, mini cribs are small, but there are different sizes and dimensions that you need to consider. You must check how your baby sleeps and how he or she wakes up so that you will know what size you need to get.
- Portability – Since you will be traveling with a mini crib, you need to make sure that it is light and easy to carry whenever you are on the go.
- Ease of cleaning – The material of the mini crib should be easy to clean. If you want to know how long do mini cribs last, avoid purchasing mini cribs that have fabric stitched on it because it will take time for you to clean the crib thoroughly.
- Material – Every mini crib has different materials that you can choose. It is to make sure that you choose the right one that matches your preference and the weight that you think is convenient for you to carry whenever you are traveling.
- Comfort - Finding the right size that is appropriate with your baby's height and weight will give them a comfortable sleep during the night. It is also to avoid hitting their head consistently on the rails of their cribs.
Some mini cribs come with mattresses that you can use to make sure that your baby will have a good night's sleep. It is also for you to have no worries about what size is appropriate for the mini crib.
If you want to know how long you do mini cribs last, you need to test it yourself. It will also depend on how fast your baby grows and how they sleep. Some babies tend to move a lot as soon as they wake up, and there is a tendency that they might wear the crib off. You need to find the right size and durable construction so that it will last longer than expected. If you are traveling, get a mini crib that is easy to carry around so that you will no longer have to hassle yourself in taking a regular-sized crib wherever you go. Get more tips on baby cribs.
May 5, 2021
By: Josie Ray
If it has not passed your mind yet, taking care of babies is expensive! This costly reminder is a fact, and you, as a parent, need to plan for possible expenses, especially for the baby crib.
May 5, 2021
By: Josie Ray
Newborns naturally love snoozing in cozy quarters. But now that your baby is getting bigger, you may be wondering when to switch from one sleep