Whenever summer comes, most parents are faced with the dreaded task of blowing up inflatables for their kids. Whether it’s a pool float or a paddling pool, the mission can be too challenging, especially if you’re planning to blow up a massive inflatable pool. Doing it manually by blowing through your mouth would leave you light-headed and would make you swear never to do it again. Thus, here are some quick and easy methods on how to blow up inflatable pool with as little effort as possible.
Tips on How to Blow up Inflatable Pool
The easiest way on how to blow up inflatable pool is by using an electric air pump. Other easy options include using a shop-vac, air compressor, or a hairdryer with a cut-out water bottle.
These methods are easier than others. Trust us on this to save your time and breath by following these tips and tricks.
By Electric Air Pump
The electric air pump is the easiest and fastest way to blow up an inflatable. It may be small, but it sure does the trick. It can inflate 10 feet by 5 feet inflatable pool in just a few minutes.
Most electric air pumps have various attachments that fit over the nozzle. There is also an attachment for any inflatable pool nozzle kind there is. Check out these simple steps on how to blow up inflatable pool using an electric air pump.
- Plug the air pump into any standard home outlet (use an extension cord if necessary)
- With the correct attachment, hook the air pump up to your inflatable pool air inlet valve
- Turn on the pump
- Fill all the inflatable pool’s air chambers (if there are multiple)
- Cap off the pool’s air inlets
By Air Compressor
To blow up an inflatable pool with an air compressor, you’ll be needing the correct nozzle attachment for the compressor to match the air inlet of the inflatable pool.
Most compressors usually come with attachments, but you need the one that will open the pool’s air inlet valve to fill the inflatable pool.
If you don’t have a compressor, don’t buy one just for inflating your pool. The electric pump is a much cheaper option. But if you already have one, you just only need the proper attachments. Here are the steps on how to blow up inflatable pool using an air compressor.
- Find the air inlet valve on the inflatable pool and open it.
- Attach the air compressor tube/hose to the air inlet valve with the proper attachment.
- The air filler valve seal must not hinder the attachment.
- Some inflatable pools have air inlet valves that have pieces of plastic that hinder air from escaping and block air from entering.
- Switch on the air compressor and start filling the pool.
- When the inflatable pool is filled with air, turn off the air compressor, and detach it from the air inlet valve on the pool.
- Don’t over-inflate the pool, as soon as the inflatable feels tight, stop and turn off the compressor.
- Put the cap of the back of t the air inlet valve to prevent the air from escaping.
By A Shop-Vac
To blow up an inflatable pool using a shop vac, just set the shop vac on blow and push the shop vac hose up to the air inlet valve on the inflatable pool. You can also create a nozzle out of a plastic or water bottle. For this to work, hold the shop vac hose firmly to the air inlet valve on the inflatable pool. Make a good seal so that all the air goes into the inflatable and speeds up the inflating process.
By a Hair Dryer And a Water Bottle
This fun trick works like magic. However, this process requires some altering of the hairdryer. Cut off the top of a used plastic bottle and tape it to the end of your hairdryer. Duct tape will work, but you have to make sure to use the small nozzle side of the water bottle. The idea is to funnel the air from the hairdryer through the nozzle of the water bottle into the inflatable.
Make sure that you set the hair dryer to cold mode as heat could damage the material. Once the hairdryer is fitted with the water bottle, press it against the air inlet valve on the inflatable pool and turn it on. This works really well, and you will be surprised as to how efficient it is.
Blowing up the inflatable pool is indeed a fun activity for kids, especially during summer or school breaks. This is also an enjoyable time for the family to gather with the kids. However, parents are confronted with a challenging task of blowing up the inflatable pool. Fortunately, some devices will make your life easier. The electric air pump seems to be the fastest and easiest way to blow up inflatable pools. Shop vacs and air compressors are useful, too. But, if you don’t have any on this, worry not. You can have a make-shift air pump using only a hairdryer and a water bottle. This fun trick is a cheap and inventive way on how to blow up inflatable pool in case you don’t have any equipment and don’t want to inflate the pool by blowing manually. Know more about pools.