For homes with babies, a playpen is a common sight. If you are planning to buy your little one a playpen and want a bigger one compared to those being sold in the market, building your playpen is the best option. Here is a guide on how to build a playpen for a baby.
How to Build a Playpen for a Baby
Hiring a contractor is not required. This task can be easy. All you need is the right procedure and a complete set of materials and tools. No worries, you don’t have to spend a lot of money. The materials are affordable items, while the tools can be something you already have in your garage. It’s time to grab a pen and paper and jot down these easy how to build a playpen for a baby building guide.
Prepare the Following Materials
- 6 ft x 4 ft x 2 ft PVC pipes and fittings divided into 2-ft sections
- Padding for the pipes
- Polyester netting
- Hacksaw or plastic pipe cutter
- Puzzle mat, old blankets, comforter or any fabric
- Nylon rope
Baby Playpen Building Direction
- For this DIY playpen model, we will settle on a 6 ft. X 4 ft. X 2 ft. pipes.
- Divide each side into 2-ft sections. This will give more stability and support to the playpen’s base.
- Cut the pipes using a hacksaw. A plastic pipe cutter will also do.
- Assemble the frame by connecting the pipes. No instructions are needed. Come on, that’s easy! As long as the sections are cut properly and equally.
- For its sides, use a polyester netting and a puzzle mat for the bottom. As for the flooring of the playpen, any fabric will do. A great example is an old good condition blanket.
- Secure the fabric on the frame using nylon rope.
- Install the padding on the pipes. This will prevent your child from getting banged hard against them.
There you go! That’s all that you need. Moreover, when washing the playpen, you only need to wrap the pipes with foam from an old mattress. Easy-peasy!
However, if you are a busy parent who does not have the time to do this very simple DIY job, hiring someone is not bad. Anyway, this will not cost you a lot of money. Just make sure that you are seeking help from the right person. Be sure to inquire before hiring an individual’s service. You don’t want to spend something that is not going to be worth it.
Buying a Playpen Guide
Since we want parents like you to be well-informed, here are more tips and suggestions about getting your baby his or her very own playpen. After learning how to build a playpen for a baby, here’s another option that you can consider. Buying a playpen is a good idea as well. To make sure that you are purchasing the best playpen for your little one, here are some basic but crucial things to remember.
Decide on the Best Type
There are two types of playpens—the ones with wheels and no wheels. To easily maneuver a playpen, opt for the one with wheels. But, if the playpen will stay in a single area only, a playpen with no wheels would be good enough.
Check the Folding Feature
Not all playpens are easy to fold. Before purchasing, make sure to ask for assistance and demonstrations. When buying online, try to look for feedbacks regarding the folding experience of a user.
To ensure that you can take your child with their playpens even outdoors, a playpen with a canopy is the best choice that you can make. The canopy protects the baby by preventing your child from the strong sunlight during outdoor activities.
Convertible to Cribs
Playpens that can be converted into cribs are very popular these days. It allows you to use this baby stuff in multiple ways—a great thing to consider.
You will have an extra yard that can serve as a changing unit when required. Amazing, right?
It’s not bad to make sure that your baby’s playpen can merge with the overall décor of the nursery or your house. Out in the market is a wide variety of playpens. For sure, you will enjoy the shopping!
You can’t carry your baby all the time. These playpens can help you secure your baby safely. Whether you want to learn how to build a playpen for a baby or buy one, that’s not a problem. Get your baby his or her playpen and help your little angel enjoy its childhood. Get more tips on baby toys.