Baby wrapping, also referred to as baby swaddling is a method used by mothers to make their babies feel safe and secure as the newborn adjusts to life outside the womb. This process has been used for centuries until this present time. Many parents believe in their benefits. Now, wrapping a baby could be easy, but the situation is different when you have twins. So, if you’re a mom with a twin and want to baby wrap them, this article will give you essential tips on how to carry twins in a wrap safely.
Twin-Wrapping Procedure – A Step by Step Guide
Learning how to carry twins in a wrap is easy with these steps. Keep this in mind.
- Find a flat surface. To ensure that your babies are comfortable while you are preparing to wrap them, place them on a flat surface. This will also prevent your twin from moving.
- Find the middle marker of your swaddle blanket and fold a few inches over at the top.
- Gather wrap and keep track of the ‘top’ of the wrap. Place your babies face-up on the blanket. Their head should sit above the folded edge of the swaddle blanket.
- Carry and place your twin in the wrap one-by-one. If your twin is different in size, wrap the bigger baby first.
- Straighten your baby’s left arm if you want the proper way on how to carry twins in a wrap. Put the baby inside the wrap while guiding the feet out gently.
- Under your baby’s bum, tuck a good amount of the wrap. Remember to take a break if the baby is too wiggly.
- Create a little seat on the swaddle blanket by bending your baby’s legs carefully.
- Starting from the outside edge, pull the swaddle blanket firmly. This will help tighten the seat.
- Put baby number two. Make sure to pull every extra inch to make your twin comfortable.
- Go over the leg of the second baby and bring the twin legs all the way around. Make sure to pin firmly between your twin’s legs.
- To ensure your baby’s comfy situation, tuck their elbows in.
- Tuck tails under your twin as flat as possible. Never tie over their legs. That will hurt them.
- Double knot. You can always put extra bum/weight to give support or and create an extra warm layer.
Concerning how to carry twins in a wrap, remember that are proven and tested ways to perform this process right. Moreover, baby wrapping is a versatile method of carrying a baby. So aside from the given steps above, there are more ways that you can try.
Understanding the Benefits of Baby Wrapping
If you love the idea of wearing your baby while carrying them, as a mom, you can always pursue it. However, it is also important to learn the benefits of the things that you choose to do for your infants. Here are some reasons why it is good to wrap your baby when you carry them.
- While on the go, moms can discreetly breastfeed their babies.
- Being out with your baby, carrying them in a wrap, makes them see the surroundings in a very comfy situation.
- Fosters a closeness through toddlerhood. This strengthens the bond between the mother and the baby.
- Promotes respiratory, gastrointestinal health, and neural development.
- Helps boost a mother’s breast milk production. The close contact with the baby does it all.
- Wrapped babies often cry less.
- Parenting is made easy while making sure that you are establishing a close relationship with your infant.
- Baby wrapping or baby swaddling promotes attachment to tighten the bond of a parent and the child.
What to Do before Wrapping Your Baby
Although baby wrapping or swaddling is already a traditional mommy-baby thing, you must know this method as a parent. Anything can harm your infant if you are uninformed of the things that you are doing to your baby. Especially to first-time moms out there, here are some essential things to remember before carrying twins in a wrap.
Choose the Right Wrap
Swaddle blankets are widely available in the market today. Some brands are not good for babies. Avoid those items to ensure that you are giving your baby a comfy wrap.
Check the Size of the Swaddle Blanket
Before purchasing, read product descriptions. Too big or too small, a swaddle blanket can be uncomforting to your infant.
Position Your Baby Properly
Wraps can be worn in many positions. Therefore make sure that you are wrapping your baby to what he or she is comfortable with.
Learning how to carry twins in a wrap can be easy. The best thing to do is make sure that when you wrap your baby, you can feel the security you are trying to provide to your twins. As a mother or as a parent, that is something you can feel even without words being uttered by your child. Get more tips on wraps.