Making your very own crochet hat is an excellent way to customize your baby’s belongings. You probably think that making a crochet baby hat for your baby is quite hard, especially if you don’t know how to crochet. However, in our guide on how to crochet a baby hat for 0-3 months babies, we’ll teach you the basics of crochet.
When you get accustomed to crocheting, then most likely, you’ll get addicted to this process. You can make many designs and styles that will depend only on your imagination and creativity level. Without further ado, we’ll dive right into making crochet baby hat for 0-3 months.
Making a Baby Hat Crochet
The Crochet hat we are going to make is just pretty simple. Making these hats are recommended even for beginners, as this simple crochet baby hat pattern for 0-3 months will surely drive you nuts. It is very easy for you to understand how to crochet a baby hat 0-3 months, which is not difficult to make.
Whether you will be crocheting for a baby girl or a baby boy, this crochet baby hat pattern 0-3 months fits all gender. Each of the hats can be made for around 30 to 45 minutes, or if you want to be meticulous, you can stop then resume. Crochet is quite focus-intensive. You need all the focus you can get to give your baby a wonderful crochet hat.
To make it easy as possible for you, we also put down simple reading patterns on crochet. If you follow our steps on how to crochet a baby hat 0-3 months, you will most likely be successful! You’ll find these patterns easy to read and do. Let’s start!
How to Read a Crochet Pattern?
You must know about the basics of reading a crochet pattern. There’s nothing more terrible than witnessing a crochet pattern for an item you are going to make. But on a brighter side, reading this is just easy. Take a look at these crochet patterns that are penned like this:
Ch1, MC, 6SC, SLST to join, MC.
2SC in each, SLST to join, CH1
See what I mean? Reading crochet patterns is quite hard when you just started it. However, you’ll get the hang of it once you’ve acclimated yourself well into my abbreviations. Crochet patterns are much easier when you understand all this information and abbreviations. Let me break it down to you what is the meaning of these patterns.
- SLST – Slip stitch (this means that you slip it onto the next stitch).
- CH – This means a chain, or commonly known as foundation stitch.
- SC – Single crochet.
- 2SC – This means to increase by creating two stitches in one stitch.
Crochet Baby Hat Pattern 0 3 Months
In this pattern, we used a 4.00mm UK hook. The yarn that is going to be used is Red Heart Baby Steps Yarn. Take a look at the ways on how to crochet a baby hat 0-3 months.
- Round 1. Do a six sole chain into a magical circle. This will be your base point for the whole baby hat. Pull the yarn to tighten. When doing the base of the crochet, always do one single crochet. But this is not counted as your first stitch.
- Round 2. Do a single crochet around, twice! Slip to join then chain one.
- Round 3. Do one single crochet, after that stitch, do a double single crochet work around it.
Now, slip stitch to join chain 1.
- Round 4. After that, do single crochet twice, and after that stitch, do a single, double crochet in the next. Then do it around then do a slip stitch to join chain 1.
- Round 5. Do three times single crochet, and after that, do a single crochet and workaround. After that, slip stitch to join chain 1.
- Round 6. Now make a four times single crochet and after that, do another single crochet twice, then slip stitch to join it to chain 1.
- Round 7. At this point, to know if your crochet hat will fit in your baby’s head is by placing your crocheted hat onto your baby’s top part of the head. Then try to see whether it covers the top part of your baby’s head so that you will know how wide or the circumference was lacking. Once your baby’s hat’s desired circumference is appropriately measured, work in continuous rounds doing the same thing time and time again.
By this time, you will get the hang of it because the hat is forming already, and you will know what to do when you need to widen it for it fir in your baby’s head. Once the circumference is reached, now work continuously for the entire length of the hat. This may depend on how long do you want it. That’s how to crochet a baby hat 0-3 months old!
Benefits of Crocheting
Did you know that there are benefits when crocheting? These are some of the benefits when doing crochet.
- Working through various stitches keeps that hands working, which is beneficial for those with arthritis.
- The focus intended to stitch time and time again improves your overall focus. This means that you are more dedicated not to destroying the stitch and making it easier for you to finish it.
- Crochet is a cost-effective hobby. It doesn’t require you to splurge hundreds of dollars to make one.
- When doing crochet, you can personalize your baby clothes and hats for your special one.
- Crochet can be done anywhere, anytime. As long as you have all the important materials to do, go, and try.
- Crochet can be multi-tasked. This means you can crochet while watching TV, traveling, and talking with a friend at home.
Learning how to crochet a baby hat for 0-3 months old is a fulfilling task. Although it may seem hard at the beginning, you’ll get the hang of it. Crochet is a good way to keep you occupied during the day. It also helps to keep your fingers moving. Once you have learned crocheting, you’ll eventually get addicted to it. Know more about baby clothes.