The cutest part of your baby’s everyday clothing will always be the socks, but it is also the most underrated. Most people disregard socks when it is one of the essential garment pieces to help secure your baby and keep them warm. Nothing beats being able to make your baby’s clothing, and that is why I will give you a walkthrough on how to crochet baby socks step by step so that you can make your baby’s garments on your own.
Why Crochet Your Baby’s Socks?
Crocheting has lots of benefits, not only for babies but also for you. And you must know those benefits for you to learn how to crochet baby socks step by step.
Crocheting allows you to control the size, color, pattern, and just how the garment is made. It also keeps your mind off of things, giving you control of your peace of mind and time.
Crocheting, like other types of craft, can be therapy for most of us. It can keep you away from anxiety, and you can do it in groups. You can do it with your friends to make it more fun and spend more time with them.
Making your baby’s clothes is suitable for your self-esteem. Crocheting their clothes can build your confidence and self-esteem and will help keep you calm because that is what accomplishing something and seeing what you have done does.
Crocheting can also relieve you of stress. Like I said earlier, it allows you to keep things off of your mind, and most of the time, that is all you need, especially when you are suffering from depression.
It allows you to spend time with your friends, boost your confidence, and having to finish something for your baby can help you get up and start a new day and get off of the bed to accomplish something.
One of the things that crocheting can cure is insomnia. As I have said before, it relieves stress, depression, and anxiety, which will help you get better sleep.
Furthermore, crocheting and staring at your work can make your eyes tired and strained, making you want to sleep.
How to Crochet Baby Socks, Step-by-Step
Now that you know the benefits of crocheting, I will show you how to crochet baby socks step by step.
3.25 mm crochet hook
21-24 stitches or four inches of yarn
- Start with the toes
- First Round single crochet in on the second chain from the hook
- Single crochet in on the third chain
- Four sections in the last chain
- Continue this on the other side of the chain
- Single crochet in the next third chain
- Single crochet in the first chain you worked on
- Slip stitch on the single crochet of the round to connect both sides
- Start with round two with turning the first chain
- Single crochet in the next three chains
- Two single crochets in the next four stitches
- Single crochet in the next three stitches
- Two single crochets in the next three stitches
- Slip stitch to the single crochet of the round to join both sides
- Start with the feet by making round three to nineteen
- Turn chain one and single crochet in each stitch around
- Single crochet around each stitch
- Slip stitch toward the first single crochet of this round to combine
- For around twenty, you can start with the opening
- Turn and make seven single foundation crochets
- Skip the next seven stitches
- Make a single crochet in the next fifteen stitches
- Slip stitch to the first foundation single crochet to combine
- For the leg section, turn for the chain one
- Make a single crochet in each stitch around
- Slip stitch to the first single crochet of this round to connect each side
- Start with the cuff on-chain thirteen
- For the first row, make single crochet in the second chain from the hook and into the next eleven stitches along the top of the legs
- For row two, start by turning in chain one and then skip the second slip stitch that you just made
- Single crochet in back loop only in each stitch
- Go back to the top of the cuff
- For row three, go to chain one and then turn
- Single crochet in back loop only in each stitch to the edge of the legs
- Slip stitch in the next two stitches along the top of the legs
- Repeat the rows two and three around the corner of the leg
- With the other side facing, single crochet the tips of the cuffs together
- For the heel, turn into the right side of the socks and join the yarn in the first foundation single crochet of round twenty
- Go to round one chain one and work sixteen single crochets evenly around the heel opening
- For round two, go to chain one, then turn and single crochet together
- Make a single crochet in the next six stitches
- Slip stitch in the first stitch around to join
- For round three, go to chain one and then turn to make single crochet together
- Make a single crochet in the next five stitches
- Single crochet together
- Single crochet in the next five stitches
- Slip stitch in the first stitch around to join
- Turn the sock inside out
- Single crochet the heel’s opening to close
- Fasten off then weave in all of the edges
Learning how to crochet baby socks step by step is one of the most fulfilling tasks that you can do as a parent to make sure that you are taking part when it comes to everything that your baby is using. In this article, I discussed just how you can crochet your baby’s socks and why you should start crocheting, making sure that they are very comfortable for your baby.