How To Decorate A Nursery In An Apartment
Raising a baby and watching them grow up is an experience of a lifetime. There are a lot of parents who tend to over-do with the accessories and baby-must-have before the baby arrives. But there is one common question that a lot of parents ask: how to decorate a nursery in an apartment? Some parents are living in a small living space where it is a challenge for them to raise children. But if you have the will and creativity to tweak things through, you will be able to raise your baby easily with the small amount of space that you have.
Tips in Living in a Small Space with a Baby
Finding a way and learning how to decorate a nursery in an apartment may take a lot of time because living in a small space can be a challenge. Most modern couples live in a condominium unit or an apartment where there is not much space. But this can be fixed if you read the following tips carefully:
Move all the furniture – Making some space for the new furniture that you might need for your baby is not a hassle. You need to figure out where a piece of certain furniture must go. Also, you will need to have space for yourself to relax.
Convert some areas – What is great about living in a small space is that you can create a 2-in-1 area so that you will not have to worry about where things will go. Converting your kitchen into a dining area and working space is the common thing. Another area that you can convert is your bedroom. Having a small corner or area of your room exclusively for your baby's things is the best move to maximize the space for your baby.
Be creative with the decorations – Since you are moving things around, it is also ideal to be creative with the decorations. You can add some pieces of decorative things to make your home to make it cozier.
- Baby-proof the place – As your baby grows up, there is a huge possibility that they will run around and explore the area. It is also the reason why you need to baby-proof the place. If you want to learn how to decorate a nursery in an apartment, you also need to baby-proof the place for extra safety.
Tips on How to Decorate a Nursery in an Apartment
It is exciting to set up a baby corner or a nursery area in an apartment. Tips on how to decorate a nursery in an apartment or any small-space living are pouring on the internet. But if you are still confused or don’t know what to do, here are some simple tips that you can follow to have a fantastic nursery room in your apartment:
- Convert the end tables to dressers – End tables function as a decorative or to place a plant or a small TV. But since you are having a baby, you need to prepare a dressing area where you can store all the baby clothes, diapers, and essential baby items. You can even use the drawer as a changing area so that you will no longer always have to move the things on top of the dresser.
- Find a convenient and creative way to hide baskets and bins – Hiding the bins and the baskets under the dresser or beside the dresser can help you save space, time, and effort when changing your baby's soiled diapers.
Remove all closet doors – If you keep the closet doors where the baby clothes are, it will occupy some space whenever you open and grab something that you need. It is advisable to keep the closets open so that you can easily access the clothes that you want your baby to wear.
Store things vertically – Since you are saving some space, storing things on a vertical position will make it easier for you to see the things that you need. With the help of a slim storage-stackable box, you can organize the baby items without a sweat.
- Use portable furniture – If you live in a small apartment, it is a good idea to use portable furniture so that you can easily stow them away when you don't need them. You can also carry it whenever you are traveling, which makes it more convenient for you whenever you decide to go on a trip to grandma’s house.
Essential Items that your Nursery Room Need
There are certain items that you need to have in your nursery room to take care of your baby comfortably. Here are the essential things that you need while decorating the nursery room:
Crib – The crib is where the baby sleeps, and some of the cribs come with a changing bed where you can easily change their clothes or diapers.
Waterproof mattress – To prevent stains and avoid ruining the mattress's quality, you will need a waterproof mattress. Whenever they accidentally spill their milk or pee, you can change the sheets with new ones.
Waterproof changing pad – It is ideal to have a waterproof changing pad so that you will no longer have to wash a towel or blanket every time they accidentally pee during changing time.
Baskets and bins – Make sure that the baskets and bins are close to the changing area so that you can easily toss their soiled diapers and clothes.
Nursing chair and pillow – It is also great to have a comfortable nursing chair and pillow so that you can give the right amount of milk that your baby needs.
- Fill the drawers with clothes, diapers, wipes, etc. – Preparing all the necessary baby items in the drawer is the best thing you can do. Also, make sure that you will not run out of diapers and wipes so that you will no longer have to worry about running to the store to get one.
Figuring out how to decorate a nursery in an apartment is a fun and challenging task. There are a lot of ways that you can decorate a nursery room. It will also depend on the gender and the preference of the parent. However, as long as it has the necessary items that the baby needs, the nursery room is perfect. Get more tips on nurseries.
May 4, 2021
By: Alicia Davis
Babies love it when their parents carry them and rock them to sleep. But it can be exhausting for parents to lull their babies in their arms all the time.
May 3, 2021
By: Rita Camden
Anything we provide to our little ones contributes to their health and happiness, even water. As moms, you might be curious whether it’s safe to give bottled water to your baby.
May 2, 2021
By: Alicia Davis
While experts still recommend barefoot for newborn babies, a pair of baby booties can help keep his toots warm and cozy, especially outdoors.