How To Dress A Newborn Baby In Winter?
The winter season can be nauseatingly cold, especially for little children. During this time, we layer our clothing to feel warm and comfortable whenever we go outside. But what about newborn babies? How to dress a newborn baby in winter? There are a lot of clothes that a baby must-have throughout their growing years. Some of their clothes can be their layered winter clothes. As long as you layer them right, then your newborn baby is warm and comfortable during winter.
Know the Different Kinds of Fabrics
Before purchasing clothes for your baby, you need to know the different kinds of fabrics that are good for their skin. Since newborn babies have delicate skin, they need to have the best fabric on their clothes, and you should know how to dress a newborn baby in winter. Here are the different kinds of fabrics that are good for baby’s clothing:
- Cotton – Organic cotton is one of the most popular fabrics for baby’s clothes. It is soft, and it keeps your baby warm during the cold season. Thinner cotton is also good during the warm season because they are breathable and prevents any skin irritations.
- Fleece – Fleece is good for winter or any cold weather. The feathery fabric is soft and delicate on the baby’s skin.
- Muslin – Muslin is a cloth diaper’s fabric. It is breathable, and it doesn’t give your baby rashes.
- Microfiber – Microfiber absorbs a lot of liquid, especially when your baby accidentally pees. Although it is not waterproof, it keeps the mess from spreading.
- Bamboo – Bamboo fiber is known for its breathable and soft fabric. It also absorbs wetness and prevents your baby from getting rashes.
- Waterproof – Waterproof fabrics are common for their capability to store water while making your child feel dry. This type of fabric is combined with softer materials so that your baby will feel a lot more comfortable wearing it.
These are just a few of the many types of fabrics that are good for the baby’s clothes. Some of them are good for winter, and some of them are versatile. It will also depend on what type of clothes you plan to wear on your baby. But during winter, there are some things that you need to do so that they will be comfortable.
How to Dress A Newborn Baby In Winter Comfortably
- Add extra clothes – If you plan to let your baby wear an onesie, make sure to let them wear at least two or three.
- Think about layering – Whenever you go out, let them wear the right amount of layers so that they will not feel cold. There are different kinds of winter outfit sets for newborn babies in the market. But you can also customize yourself by layering up some clothes and adding an exterior blanket.
- Dress for sleeping – Be sure that you always dress them for sleeping. The appropriate type of clothing and well-layered outfit keeps your baby warm for a good nights’ sleep.
- Know where she will sleep to identify what to wear – If you plan to sleep next to your baby, fewer clothes are ok because they will be getting your body heat to keep them warm. But if you decide to put them on the crib, dressing them in footed bodysuits is best.
- Comfortable on car seats – If you plan to go out for a drive, make sure that they comfortably fits in the car seats.
- Hats and mittens – If you want to know how to dress a newborn baby in winter, you can start by letting them wear hats and gloves. It is to keep them extra comfortable on top of the clothes that they are wearing.
- Keep the strollers warm – When you go out for a walk, place a clear wrap around their stroller with a hole so that their body heat will circulate in the stroller to keep them warm. You can also layer up some warm blankets so that they will feel comfortable while you are out for a walk.
- Remove some of the clothes when in the house. – Remove some of the layers of clothes so that they can stretch when you’re home. It’s also best to carry them from time to time so that your body heat can warm them.
How to Identify When Your Child Is Not Comfortable With What They Wear
You will immediately know when your baby is not comfortable with what they are wearing. They will cry and exhibit restlessness. Newborn babies may cry a lot or squirm when they are already wearing layers of clothes. It is good to check for signs to know when your baby is uncomfortable with their outfit. When this happens, adjust the layers of clothes that they are wearing.
It is a fun learning experience on how to dress a newborn baby in winter. Newborn babies don’t move much, and it's easy to layer them up with clothes during winter. Always remember to remove some of the layers of their clothing to prevent them from sweating. Doing this also allows them to stretch their bodies and move around. When you have a newborn baby, it is best to make sure that the clothes they are wearing are safe and won't cause any harm. Enjoy every time that you spend with your little bundle, and don't forget to take pictures of your family during your baby's first winter.
November 6, 2020
By: Louie Dickenson
We can’t resist the sight of babies in mittens. They are so cute and oh so adorable! But there’s more to this fragile cuteness than meets the eye.
November 4, 2020
By: Rita Camden
When there’s a newborn baby boy in the family, life gets more exciting. Newborn clothes then become essential and fun. Your baby boy deserves to feel great and look best, and so you need to have the most suitable newborn outfits.