Do you know how all doll hair gets frizzy after a while? Your kid’s doll hair stars out all soft and shiny, and then after a few months, the poor doll looks like it’s finger has been stuck into a socket. What’s worse is, no amount of brushing can fix the problem. It’s still frizzy after you’ve combed it a million times. Doll hair can become dirty and tangled either from play or storage over time. If you are trying to save those dolls from having a bad hair day, here are some easy tips on how to fix baby doll hair.
Use a Fabric Softener
One easy tip on how to fix baby doll hair is to use a fabric softener. Here are some steps on how to do so.
Soak the doll’s hair in fabric softener
Choose a good brand of fabric softener for the most desirable effect. Pour a good amount of fabric softener in a cup or bowl. The amount you need depends on the amount of hair of the doll. To prevent wasting fabric softener, pour a small amount first, and then add more softener as you go along until the amount is enough to soak the doll’s hair.
Place the doll’s hair in the bowl and work the fabric softener into the hair with your fingers. Continue until the hair is thoroughly coated.
Set the doll aside and leave the fabric softener in for at least an hour. If thedoll’s hair is in rough shape, soak it in the softener overnight.
Comb out the doll’s hair with the fabric softener still in it. After soaking the doll’s hair, comb the hair out with the softener still in it. It should act as a conditioning agent that will smooth out the doll’s hair and loosen the tangles. How to fix baby doll hair after conditioning? Use a wide-toothed brush, as this kind of brush tends to work out tangles best. Do it gently to avoid breaking the doll’s hair as you comb. However, if you have a smaller doll like Barbie, a fine-toothed comb may work better.
Rinse out the hair
Once you’re done brushing the hair, rinse out the softener well. You can do this by rinsing it under cool tap water. Make sure to get rid of all fabric softener. Regularly squeeze the hair to get rid of extra softener oozing out. Continue rinsing until no fabric softener is left.
You can use a small towel to pat the doll’s hair dry, or you can also let it air dry in the sun.
Do not use a blow dryer to dry your doll’s hair. They’re delicate and will notreact well with a hairdryer.
Use a Baby Shampoo
Another tip on how to fix baby doll hair is by using baby shampoo. Check out these simple steps on how to fix a doll’s hair.
- Put cool water into a bowl or cup. You can use your baby’s shampoo to soften the doll’s hair. Pick a bowl or cup that’s big enough to contain all of your doll’s hair. Use cold water if your doll has curly hair. Hot or warm water may cause the curls to loosen.
- Pour in a quarter teaspoon of baby shampoo. Stir in a quarter teaspoon of your baby’s shampoo and mix it into the water until it’s dissolved thoroughly. Do not replace a regular/adult shampoo for baby shampoo. Baby shampoo is mild enough, which is safe to use on doll hair. If you don’t have any, buy some. You may use a mild form of shampoo, like the ones for sensitive skin or shampoo for hair that’s been dyed recently.
- Shampoo the doll’s hair. Once everything is prepared, put the doll’s hair in the water. Swirl the doll’s hair around until they’re wet. Work in the shampoo using your fingers and keep massaging the doll’s hair until you make up a small lather.
- Leave the doll’s hair for 10 minutes. Set the doll aside for roughly 10 minutes. This will allow the shampoo to soften the hair. This will help eliminate any tangles and will make the hair soft and shiny.
- Rinse the hair three times. After 10 minutes, rinse the doll’s hair. Rinse the doll’s hair in the bowl until the water becomes soapy from all the shampoo. Rinse them again and repeat this process two more times. Make sure to get all the shampoo out from the hair. If the hair is still soapy, run it under tap water until all the shampoo is gone.
- Dry the doll’s hair a little. It helps if you dry it out lightly. Don’t brush the hair when it’s wet. Wait until it is damp to brush it. Again, do not use a hairdryer as this might damage your doll’s hair.
- Brush out the hair. Brush the hair of your doll. For smaller dolls, use a fine-toothed comb and go for a wide-toothed brush or any wide-toothed brush for big ones. Brush gently to avoid destroying or damaging the hair.
Fatigue during pregnancy occurs in most cases. You do not have to worry about it. Unless you are plagued by extreme fatigue, then you should see a doctor and get advice. In most cases, however, the fatigue subsides.
Try to enjoy your pregnancy as much as possible. It is logical that your body needs more energy due to the hormonal changes and that you, therefore, tend to feel tired more often. We wish you all the best during your pregnancy and hope that this article has answered the most important questions and tips regarding fatigue during pregnancy. Know more about baby dolls.