How To Fix Baby Doll Hair - Easy Tips
Do you know how all doll hair gets frizzy after a while? Your kid's doll hair stars out all soft and shiny, and then after a few months, the poor doll looks like it's finger has been stuck into a socket. What's worse is, no amount of brushing can fix the problem. It's still frizzy after you've combed it a million times. Doll hair can become dirty and tangled either from play or storage over time. If you are trying to save those dolls from having a bad hair day, here are some easy tips on how to fix baby doll hair.
Use a Fabric Softener
One easy tip on how to fix baby doll hair is to use a fabric softener. Here are some steps on how to do so.
Soak the doll's hair in fabric softener. Choose a good brand of fabric softener for the most desirable effect. Pour a good amount of fabric softener in a cup or bowl. The amount you need depends on the amount of hair of the doll. To prevent wasting fabric softener, pour a small amount first, and then add more softener as you go along until the amount is enough to soak the doll's hair.
Place the doll's hair in the bowl and work the fabric softener into the hair with your fingers. Continue until the hair is thoroughly coated.
Set the doll aside and leave the fabric softener in for at least an hour. If thedoll's hair is in rough shape, soak it in the softener overnight.
Comb out the doll's hair with the fabric softener still in it. After soaking the doll's hair, comb the hair out with the softener still in it. It should act as a conditioning agent that will smooth out the doll's hair and loosen the tangles. How to fix baby doll hair after conditioning? Use a wide-toothed brush, as this kind of brush tends to work out tangles best. Do it gently to avoid breaking the doll's hair as you comb. However, if you have a smaller doll like Barbie, a fine-toothed comb may work better.
Rinse out the hair. Once you're done brushing the hair, rinse out the softener well. You can do this by rinsing it under cool tap water. Make sure to get rid of all fabric softener. Regularly squeeze the hair to get rid of extra softener oozing out. Continue rinsing until no fabric softener is left.
You can use a small towel to pat the doll's hair dry, or you can also let it air dry in the sun.
Do not use a blow dryer to dry your doll's hair. They're delicate and will notreact well with a hairdryer.
Use a Baby Shampoo
Another tip on how to fix baby doll hair is by using baby shampoo. Check out these simple steps on how to fix a doll's hair.
- Put cool water into a bowl or cup. You can use your baby's shampoo to soften the doll's hair. Pick a bowl or cup that's big enough to contain all of your doll's hair. Use cold water if your doll has curly hair. Hot or warm water may cause the curls to loosen.
- Pour in a quarter teaspoon of baby shampoo. Stir in a quarter teaspoon of your baby's shampoo and mix it into the water until it's dissolved thoroughly. Do not replace a regular/adult shampoo for baby shampoo. Baby shampoo is mild enough, which is safe to use on doll hair. If you don't have any, buy some. You may use a mild form of shampoo, like the ones for sensitive skin or shampoo for hair that's been dyed recently.
- Shampoo the doll's hair. Once everything is prepared, put the doll's hair in the water. Swirl the doll's hair around until they're wet. Work in the shampoo using your fingers and keep massaging the doll's hair until you make up a small lather.
- Leave the doll's hair for 10 minutes. Set the doll aside for roughly 10 minutes. This will allow the shampoo to soften the hair. This will help eliminate any tangles and will make the hair soft and shiny.
- Rinse the hair three times. After 10 minutes, rinse the doll's hair. Rinse the doll's hair in the bowl until the water becomes soapy from all the shampoo. Rinse them again and repeat this process two more times. Make sure to get all the shampoo out from the hair. If the hair is still soapy, run it under tap water until all the shampoo is gone.
- Dry the doll's hair a little. It helps if you dry it out lightly. Don't brush the hair when it's wet. Wait until it is damp to brush it. Again, do not use a hairdryer as this might damage your doll's hair.
- Brush out the hair. Brush the hair of your doll. For smaller dolls, use a fine-toothed comb and go for a wide-toothed brush or any wide-toothed brush for big ones. Brush gently to avoid destroying or damaging the hair.
Doll hair can get dirty and tangled from storage or too much play overtime. For most dolls, a fabric softener or baby shampoo is the safest way to clean your baby's doll's hair. These products soften the hair and help work out those tangles. After you've detangled and softened the doll's hair, don't forget to brush out the hair regularly to avoid such problems. We hope that this article on how to fix baby doll hair has helped you and solve those 'doll problems.' Know more about baby toys.
April 6, 2021
By: Alicia Davis
Baby Yoda is an adorable and mysterious character from the Star Wars show, The Mandalorian. You will see more Baby Yoda memes everywhere
April 6, 2021
By: Louie Dickenson
The last thing that you want to deal with is the allergies that your baby can contract because of old baby dolls and their dust and bacteria.
April 5, 2021
By: Josie Ray
Dolls are every girl’s favorite toy. Young fashionistas want to have all the right clothes and accessories for their miniature models.