Nurseries are mostly short-term rooms or spaces which children use in the early stages of their lives. Most of the time, the nursery rooms get switched out after some time. When they are no longer of use, parents will most likely keep the cribs in the basement or storage room. The toys get packed up in boxes and moved into the attic. Parents and their children take down the decorations one by one until it is a bare room ready to be furnished once again.
With this train of thought, it is best for room decorations and accessories to be more temporary rather than permanent like wallpapers or stickers. For this, parents started to become more creative, and some have resorted to hanging up blankets or quilts on walls. They add to the flare and colors of the otherwise dull nursery. So, go ahead and learn how to hang baby quilt on wall.
Why Should I Hang A Baby Quilt onto the Wall
Quilts as people know them are used mostly as part of beddings. Anyone who uses quilts gets warmed up nice and easy. So, why should I hang a baby quilt on the wall?
- Baby quilts are temporary accessories. As we have already established, quilts are easy to remove whenever you want to. You can even have a whole array of quilts ready at your disposal in case you want to change it up.
- Baby quilts are creative. Through the years, people sew up quilts the way they want to. Done creatively with vivid colors, they make people happy and warm. Quilts will brighten up the room the way you want them to.
- Colors are stimulating. People go through many development stages. And a lot of these stages happen during childhood. Attaching pieces with many colors will help your baby develop emotive thoughts and more.
How to Hang A Quilt on the Wall with a Dowel Rod
When you search up “how to hang baby quilt on wall,” you will find that there are so many options to choose from that it can become confusing. But putting up a baby quilt with a dowel rod is easy and probably the best way to hang a quilt on a wall. The following are the materials you will need:
- Dowel Rod
- Sewing Kit or Sewing Machine
- Screw or Hook
After collecting the materials stated, you can then proceed to this step-by-step guide on how to hang baby quilt on wall:
- Prepare the quilt. Before doing anything else, make sure that your quilt is the perfect size and shape you want it to be. Trim, cut, or do whatever you need to do. Flip the quilt onto its front.
- Identify the divisions of the quilt. You want to divide your quilt into four or three. This step will help you understand where the supports for the dowel will go.
- Measure the divisions and cut square pieces of cloth accordingly. Take a different section of fabric and measure the divisions you made beforehand.
- Fold the square fabrics diagonally and press them into the top corners of the quilt.
- Stitch on the triangular fabrics onto the top of the quilt. After making sure that they are in the right position on the quilt, you can go ahead and sew. Do not sew all sides of the triangle. Only sew on the two sides attached to the edge of the quilt.
- Prepare the binding. Get strips of binding and position them onto the front side of the quilt. You can use pins to make sure that they are in place and will not budge.
- Stitch on the bindings to all the edges of the quilt.
- Hide the stitching made with the triangles using the binding.
- Situate the dowel rod into the holes made with the sides of the triangles not sewed onto the quilt.
- Hang the quilt with a hook or screw on the wall.
A quilt works wonders the moment you understand that it can be more than just a part of your bedding. It is colorful and thought-provoking at times, as it still is an art in the flesh. Go around town and see if you can find quilts perfect for the nursery or around the house and decorate away. We hope that this guide on how to hang baby quilt on wall was useful and informative. Enjoy decorating your little one’s room! Find out more about mementos