How To Hang Toy Storage From The Ceiling: A Decluttering Guide
Toys and the clutter they leave behind are a nightmare for many parents. As your child grows, their taste in entertainment also expands, from rattles to stuffed animals big and small. Where do you put them, though? The real challenge here is how to keep these toys. In this article, you will learn the many kinds of toy storage and its benefits. Not only that, but you will also know how to hang toy storage from the ceiling and other tips. The best part is these guides will provide you more precious floor space once you install them without spending too much. Read on.
Kinds of Toy Storage
Dealing with storing toys is a serious business for us moms. The reason for this is because there are many kinds of toy storage we can choose and select. Finding the right one can be super stressful and fun at the same time. So, before you learn how to hang toy storage from the ceiling, it is better to know the kinds of toy storage you can use.
This storage is the most common one. Toy boxes can come in different sizes and designs. You can buy toy crates that are regular size and even opt for huge toy boxes for bigger, safe-keeping size. Just consider the room size of your kid first, of course.
Toy Organizer Bins
This kind of toy storage looks like a bookshelf with multiple little boxes or bins arranged in each shelf for more space to store your toys. This storage encourages toy rotation.
Toy Nets or Hammocks
This is a creative way to keep toys and save space. As the name itself suggests, you just attach the net or hammock to the ceiling, and you can toss in or arrange the different toys on it.
The toy storage chain acts like a clothesline. It has clips that you use to hang different stuffed animals.
Benefits of Toy Storage
Before we go tackle the issue of how to hang toy storage from the ceiling, it is good to know the benefits of having toy storage for your baby! Here are five advantages of getting toy storage:
Whatever kind of toy storage you have, it allows toddlers to access them easily. With them placed close to the floor, they can grab on the toys they like, even if they are still crawling babies.
Toy storages can be multipurpose. Toy boxes can keep large items, like pillows or mattresses. Toy nets can serve as protective railings for staircases. Toy bins are perfect teaching tools about colors and organizing for your kids.
Toy storage encourages your kids to organize at an early age. When they no longer want to play, you can train them to return unused toys accordingly from where they took it, so their room looks clean and no clutter in sight.
Having toy storage allows your child to play with a variety of toys and not only the ones they keep on playing. With toy organizers, your kids will not forget that they have other toys as well.
Of course, the reason why you need toy storage is to have a visually appealing space for your kid to learn and to have fun!
Hanging Nets or Hammocks
Now let us learn how to hang toy storage from the ceiling—especially using a net or hammock. It is fairly easy, honestly.
- First, find the perfect spot where you want to hang your toy storage net or hammock. Make sure it is not over the crib. It needs to be far from the ceiling vents to allow airflow, and far from the sleeping area.
- Use a pencil to mark the spots.
- Install one hook in the corner where the two walls meet. Place the other two hooks a few feet from that corner of each wall.
- Spread the net or hammock and check if it fits properly before attaching to the hooks. Just a tip, keep the net or hammock a bit loose for sure support for the stuffed toys.
- Check on the installation guide from the manufacturer of the toy storage net or hammock if you are doing it right.
- Hang the rear part of the net or hammock to the corner hook. Do the other ends to the other two wall hooks.
- Start placing and arranging the stuffed animals. Well done!
Hanging Storage Chain
Another way on how to hang toy storage from the ceiling is by using a toy storage chain! It is not complicated and easy to do.
- Again, choose the area where you want to hand the toy store chain. Again, over the crib or close to their sleeping area are a no-no! Too risky.
- Properly attach the wall anchors of the chain from point A to point B. Make sure it is also somewhat loose, like the net or hammock.
- Check on the installation guide if you are doing it right. Some steps vary depending on the manual and the manufacturer.
- Check if there are clips attached to the chain. The clips are what you will use in hanging the stuffed toys securely.
- Start attaching the stuffed toys to the chain. Do this until all toys are hanging.
Other Tips for Storing Toys
Honestly, there are many ways to store your kids’ toys. Here are additional tips for toy storage that you can learn by heart:
- Find furniture with built-in storage—stools, ottomans, and even your child’s bed. You do not have to waste money and space on this.
- Go for full-size storage furniture like bookshelves for vertical space. Another way to save space is with this idea.
- Use the low shelves for favorite toys. But still encourage toy rotation, of course!
- Find matching containers to reduce the cluttered look of the room. Clean and neat rooms are more conducive for children to learn and have fun.
Now you know how to hang toy storage from the ceiling, whether it is a net or hammock or a storage chain/ The thing left for you to do is apply the information that you have learned so that you can save more space and keep your kid’s room organized. Remember, there are different kinds of toy storage. Always keep in mind the different guides in installing the toy storage net or chain. Hopefully, what you have learned here is enough to add more space to your kid’s room. Find out more about baby toys
May 3, 2021
By: Rita Camden
There are lots of responsibilities that a parent should shoulder. One of these would be seeing whether their baby’s items are safe to use and have great quality.
May 3, 2021
By: Alicia Davis
Action figures are part of a child’s toy collection, especially for little boys. As parents, we try to spoil our children with action figures we never had growing up, some characters are even sentimental to us.