Keeping your baby’s shoes can be a challenge, especially for moms. During trips and going to the mall, it can be annoying when you are constantly tying or fitting their shoes on their tiny little feet. That’s why moms out there should know how to keep baby shoes from falling off their baby’s foot.
In this article, we’ll discuss a few tips on how to get baby shoes on when wearing them. Buckle up your seat as I will take it to you with the best advice and tips. This will give you convenience and peace of mind with your baby around.
Reasons Why Baby Shoes Keep Falling Off
Babies are unpredictable. It’s sometimes challenging when they can move around and control simple things on their own, just like getting off of their shoes. Here are why their footwear keeps falling to give you ideas on how to keep baby shoes from falling off. However, they can be prevented and tended to.
This is one of the most common reasons why baby shoes keep falling off, especially for practical moms out there who want to buy baby shoes that are advanced in size for future size. It would be wise to buy them shoes appropriate for their size. I am not against buying shoes for the future, but if you are expecting these shoes to not fall off time and time again, that is now a different story.
Buying the right size for your baby is the best solution when it comes to this problem. However, remember that babies tend to outgrow their clothes, shoes, and all sorts in a short amount of time. So, if you are reluctant to buy shoes for them because they’ll outgrow it, then don’t buy it.
I’m guilty of these. Especially if you are just on a hunt for buying their basic needs and suddenly you came across these wonderful pair of shoes? You can’t help but spontaneously buying these shoes without your baby when you are going to this same situation, except that the shoes would either be poorly or loosely fitted. It’s not your baby’s fault that they are tightly or poorly-fitted; you were just overzealous that you suddenly purchased it.
Ways on How to Keep Baby Shoes from Falling Off
If you want to know how to keep baby shoes from falling off, below are some of the few methods to address this situation. Luckily, they are a pretty easy and basic thing to do. Check it out.
Fitting Shoes Properly
If you want to find out how to keep baby shoes from falling off, proper shoe fitting is the key recipe for keeping your baby’s shoes from falling off. Getting the right measurement is an important part of it. Your baby’s shoes will less likely fall off from their foot if they are in the right size. Here’s an easy way on how to measure their foot:
- Put your baby’s foot on a paper and trace their foot with a pencil or marker.
- Measure the trace from tip to tip. It can also be a good measurement if you include the width of the front foot and heel. This will be the parts where it should fit snuggly.
- Use a fit guide to get the proper foot measurement of your baby. You can also verify your baby’s size on the seller’s baby size chart. It is important to always refer to the brand or seller as they differ from brand to brand.
Designs That Will Stay on Baby’s Foot
The trick about this method is to see whether there are certain ways to fit the shoes in your baby’s foot snugly. This usually comes in forms of laces, straps, and all sorts. Having these kinds of shoes ensures that they can be tightened or loosened time and time again.
Tips in Buying the Right Shoes
Buying the right shoes for your little one should always be considered. You can’t just buy it because it looks nice, or it’s branded. It would be best if you also considered its fitting to your child’s feet. Here are some of the things that you need to consider before purchasing shoes, and you can also understand how to get shoes on if you follow these.
- Babies who are crawling and venturing in their beds should have shoes with straps made with soft and lightweight materials. Or if you have a slipper flooring, then opt for baby shoes that have rubber in them to avoid slipping.
- Always keep them close to barefoot size as possible. Keeping an accurate size is the key here. Opt for a more comfortable shoe rather than stylishly designed. Remember that your baby is wearing those, not you. Shoes are lightweight and flexible to keep the natural movement of the foot.
- Make sure that there’s an ample amount of space for your baby’s foot to breathe. Although you need a snug fit to keep your baby’s shoes from falling off, it should not be too tight or constricting. Look for tight shoes on the ankle area but lots of room around the toe and heel area.
- Give your baby less shoe-time. However, it would be perfect for parading your baby’s wonderful shoes in a party, beach, or any special gatherings. However, when you get home, give their feet more breathing time. It’s the best thing you can do for your baby’s foot development.
- The right shoes for your baby aren’t the ones that cost the most. They’re the ones that fit perfectly for their foot. Sometimes, it is not the best shoes that we should buy but the right ones.
- A shoe made of cotton or any comfy materials should do wonders for your baby’s foot so the foot can breathe easily.
- Going shoe-less will give the foot of your baby plenty of time to develop. If you are going out, then shoes are important, but the lesser shoe time your baby has, the quicker their foot develops. Baby’s foot tends to get bigger and wider throughout the day, and it might be hard for their part to be in shoes most of the time.
Keeping babies still can be challenging. Loosely-fitted shoes get lost whenever you walk around the park, malls, and beaches. That’s why it is important as a parent to get the right size. Plus, the tips on how to keep baby shoes from falling off can help you overcome these challenges. Know more about baby shoes.