Babies tend to remove their socks. It is natural, but it can be very frustrating for parents to want their babies to have warm and clean feet. Babies love to explore as they grow old, and one of the things they love to do is check on their feet and socks. If you think your baby is one of the little ones who always lose their socks, this article will be a great guide on how to keep baby socks on. Not only that, but you will also learn the benefits and the other neat hacks on stopping your kid from removing their socks. Read on.
Baby Socks Benefits
Before we go to the details and the tips on how to keep baby socks on, you need to know the benefits that baby socks provide to your cute little one. Here are three common advantages when your baby wears socks:
- Regulates Body Temperature
Studies show that babies find it hard to regulate their body temperature based on different factors, like weight, the condition of their birth, and body fat. Baby socks are one way to help in regulating the proper temperature to stay warm, especially at night or during winter.
- Protects from Injury
Another benefit of wearing socks is to prevent your baby from getting scratched or wounded on their little feet. Once they start crawling and walking, your baby will surely step on a toy or walk on abrasive or rough surfaces that can be dangerous for your baby’s delicate soles.
Besides regulating your baby’s temperature, one of the main benefits of wearing socks is to keep them warm, especially those little cute toes and feet. You can even add another layer of sock if the temperature drops quickly.
Back to Basics
The best way to keep baby socks on, of course, is to know your basics—which is choosing the right fit and right quality of baby socks! You will be surprised how these overlooked things are great techniques on how to keep baby socks on those baby feet.
- Choose the Right Size
A word of advice, never overstock on baby socks. Your baby’s feet will grow four sizes in the first half of the year, and in their first year, it will be almost half of its full adult size. Wait for the first two months before buying the right size of socks—never too large, and never too tight. The correct size will prevent it from coming off.
- Check the Quality
With your baby having delicate young skin, it is best always to choose socks that are of high-quality materials, preferably natural, organic, and soft. This way, your baby will feel comfortable having to wear it, preventing the socks from falling off. Also, choose durable socks.
Hacks to Keep Baby Socks On
Now, if the basic techniques did not work and your baby’s socks still fall off, it is time to resort to these hacks on how to keep baby socks on!
- Booties. One of the best alternatives to socks is a pair of baby booties! Your baby can wear both or even just the booties. Booties are more secure and less likely to fall off compared to socks. But for added warmth, you can first have your baby wear the socks, then slip on the booties.
- Distractions. Another way to keep your baby’s socks on is to distract them! It may be a bit of a hassle, but playing with your baby will not only prevent them from removing their socks out of boredom but also develop with you a lasting bond.
- Footsies Or Foot Pants. Footsies or bodysuits are other alternatives to baby socks. They are one-piece outfits that have feet coverage. You can have your babies wear the socks on first then the footsies.
- Swaddle Bags. Swaddle bags or blankets are also great hacks in stopping your baby from removing their socks. With your baby all swaddled up from head to toe for sleeping, there is no chance the socks will pop off.
- Onesies. Just like footsies, onesies also have versions that have feet coverage already.
- Pants Over Technique. Most of your baby’s pants are stretchy, working like leggings. These legs of the pants, especially the stretchy ends, are great in holding socks on without compromising your baby’s movement and comfort.
- Sock-Staying Products. Worse comes to worst, and not even one hack works, you can always rely on sock-staying products, such as Sock Ons or Stay Put Socks! The Sock Ons come in different colors and keep your baby’s socks in place when sleeping. Stay Put Socks are rubber rings that you insert over their socked feet that lock the socks on. Know more about baby clothes.
Now you know how to keep baby socks on. The thing for you to do is apply everything that you have learned, from the benefits to choosing the right socks, and the many hacks you can do to prevent the socks from falling off or removed by your little one. Remember that there are many kinds of socks and that they have different uses and benefits. Remember that there are also great alternatives to socks that you can use to keep them in place. Just familiarize yourself with these items and, most importantly, consider what makes your baby comfortable and happy.