How To Make A Baby Bathrobe - Easy Tips
Does your little one love to wear robes? Most kids love the feel of snuggly robes, especially in chilly mornings, after bath time, or even during their sleep. They also love anything that has a hood on it, so you can just imagine their excitement and how they feel about having a robe with a hood, especially after having a bath. You can't help but smile as you see their toes and fingers shrivel up like raisins. As you hold them tight while snuggled up in a cozy bathrobe, you'd wish you could bottle up that moment forever. To create the perfect robe for them, here are some easy steps and tips on how to make a baby bathrobe.
Easy Steps on How to Make a Baby Bathrobe
If you wanted to learn how to make a baby bathrobe, here's a cute and easy DIY for a hooded bath towel. It's actually a great sewing project for beginner moms. With only two seams to sew, you can produce a warm, snuggly DIY Hooded Bath Towel for a little one. The hooded bath towel also makes an excellent and useful gift.
Materials needed to make the DIY Hooded Bath Towels:
- Two (2) large bath towels
- One (1) hand towel
- Matching thread
Here are some quick and easy steps on how to make a baby bathrobe for your little one.
- Step 1: Cut the hand towel into half. Each of the DIY Hooded Bath Towel only needs half of a hand towel.
- Step 2: To make the hood, fold half the hand towel lengthwise. You can cut about 2 inches off the end of the towel that has already been cut to make sure the hood isn't too large. Then, pin it to prepare to sew the first seam.
- Step 3: Sew the pinned edge to create the top of the hood.
- Step 4: Then, flip the hood inside-out and ensure that the sewn edge is inside the hood.
- Step 5: Prepare for the second and final seam by pinning the hood to the large towel's edge. Make sure it is centered.
- Step 6: Sew the final seam. Make sure that it's close to the edge.
- Step 7: Now, you can throw those kids in the bath! You are guaranteed that you have a soft and cuddly Hooded Bath Towel waiting for them.
Tips on How to Make a Baby Bathrobe
If you're excited to learn how to make a baby bathrobe, here are some tips to consider.
- Make sure that the towel you're going to use has already been washed. Most will shrink a little, and you probably want that to happen before you do all the work.
- Notice that some of the edges have frayed slightly, but the seams hold strong after washing the robe a couple of times. To prevent this from happening, fold them over and sew them once more.
- You can also add a couple of loops for the tie. You'll end up with a good-sized washcloth to go with the robe when it's done, but you could also trim that to create a couple of belt loops.
- When you are hemming all the seams, the material of the towel can be very thick. It is strongly recommended to use a thicker needle, maybe a jean's needle or something similar will do.
- You can also get a beach towel and create something similar for a much older child and scale the measurements up a bit.
For parents, there's nothing like giving your kids enjoyable bath time. It seems as if their imagination is taking them to a whole new world every time they enter the bathtub, playing with all those toys. It would be the perfect moment to give them a cozy bathrobe to snuggle as you take them out of the bath. As you hold them tight while snuggled up in the robe, you can hear their sweet and fun giggles that will surely make your heart melt. Create the perfect DIY robe for them by learning these simple steps and tips on how to make a baby bathrobe.
December 3, 2020
By: Rachel Welsh
Everyone is getting excited when the big day nears. However, it is important to be ready at all costs. Packing everything ahead of time is proven beneficial for parents who don’t want to get all gassed up searching for every baby essentials.