How To Make A Baby Halo Headband
Can you still remember that very day you prayed to the universe to bestow you a baby girl? You have eagerly asked for it that the universe cannot turn a deaf ear and finally give you one. And now she's here and giving everyone the loveliest day with her smile. Photoshoots have always been a practice in every home whenever a baby is around. A lovely halo headband can be an excellent accessory to add to your little one’s overall outfit. Learn how to make a baby halo headband instead of buying one. Making it allows you to control the color or theme.
Accessorizing the Costume
When the photoshoot is on, a princess or fairy suit is one of the best choices for little girls. While you can always buy accessories from a costume store, it is still ideal and practical to make your own, especially when you are on a tight budget. This is why you need to know how to make a baby halo headband, so by the time your baby's outfit needs additional accessories, you can always make one anytime.
What you Need
- Scissors or any trimmer
- Wire or any form of elastic
- Floral Tape
- Bunch of flowers
- Baby's Breath
- Glue gun
- Spray Paint
Making the Base
- Using the wire, carefully measure the baby's head for the base of the halo.
- Then cut with pliers and transform into a halo-like shape. It is easy to do this as wires can be easily bent.
- Wrap the wire for around 3-4 times.
- Get the floral tape and wrap the wire around with it.
Attaching the Flowers
Once you know how to make a baby halo headband, you will understand that this procedure applies whether you're using the fresh one or the synthetic one. Remove the stem out entirely, leaving the very flower itself.
- Lay each flower horizontally along the crown base, and glue them as you work your way around the crown.
- Reapply the glue as generously as you can to ensure that the connection between the flowers and base is stable.
Continue adding bunches and taping them down until you've reached the original starting point.
- To complete the look, you can tie a pretty satin ribbon.
Making a Modern Halo Headband
There is also another halo that you can make. If you have learned how to make a baby halo headband, this one is easy for you to follow. This classic flower choice makes a trendy comeback with its fairy tale inspired, woodland look, and feel. It's a hit because it's easy to arrange, affordable, and looks effortlessly elegant, rustic, and feminine.
- First, you need to trim clusters of bushy baby's breath. You must make sure that you have cut an ample amount of the said plant for a better halo outcome.
- Prepare your wire. Tie at one end, creating a loop.
- Get a piece of baby's breath and press it to the wire just under the circle.
- Take another piece of wire. Then twist it around both the first wire and the stem of the baby's breath.
- Continue adding flowers and wrapping until the end of the wire.
When close to the end, reverse the baby's breath so that the stems hide into the flowers.
- Get the other end of the wire and twist it into a loop.
- Take your ribbon and create streamers through the loops. Repeat on the other side, then cut the edges.
- When your floral hair wreath is finished, place it into the fridge for safekeeping.
Advantages of Making a Halo Instead of Buying
DIY accessories are perfect if you're a prudent parent who wants the best for your little one. When you make a baby headband, you get to save money, and you're sure of the quality of the item.
- Saving Money
Saving money is one thing you can achieve when you learn how to make a baby halo headband instead of buying it. This is beneficial when you are preparing for a party, and the budget is limited.
When you buy, you need to examine every detail of the materials used and how it is attached or made. You will not know if the item will last or will detach after a few uses. When you make your own halo, you can adjust your materials and the way they are designed. You can always apply specific strategies to make sure the halo is durable.
Buying clothes and accessories for your little girl can be costly, which is why a lot of parents turn to DIY projects. When you learn how to make a baby halo headband, you're sure that the item is of good quality. Doing little projects for your baby girl is fulfilling, especially when you see her wearing the fruit of your hard work. Find out more about baby headbands.
May 9, 2021
By: Louie Dickenson
Headbands are created to protect the baby’s face against her hair. But over the years, this has become something more than protection. Headbands can now be used as accessories to give little girls an adorable outfit.