Another baby fashion trend that is going around right now on social media is the tulle flower headband. These are cute and adorable headbands with fluffy and puffy tulle flower embellishments, making your little girl cuter and prettier than ever. You don’t want to spend buying these head accessories? You do not have to worry because I will teach you how to make a baby headband with tulle flower designs. This DIY-tulle-flower head accessory is simple to make. You can even make one for yourself. Anyway, get ready to make your little one the center of attention during special occasions with this pretty and stylish headband.
Tulle Fabric and Flowers
Before you learn of the details on how to make a baby headband with tulle, you have to know first what tulle fabric is, especially if you are not familiar with what it is. In the fashion or fabric industry, tulle is aa lightweight and flowy netting made of nylon. Some tulle fabrics are silk, rayon, and other materials. It has an extremely fine and very delicate look. It is also smooth and soft to the touch. If you look closely, the fabric looks composed of fine yarn, hexagonal holes. Because of this texture and form, tulle fabrics are the best choice in making puffy tulle flowers for different accessories, like headbands, bracelets, and even corsages.
Things You Need
Before you learn how to make a baby headband with tulle fabric and flower designs, you need to prepare the things you will use. What you will need for this craft are the following:
- Tulle fabric colors of your choice
- Felt fabric to cover the elastic band
- Elastic band
- Crochet headband
- Rhinestones and other pretty embellishments
- A pair of scissors
- A glue gun
Making Tulle Flower Baby Headbands
If you have all the things you need on how to make a baby headband with tulle, let us begin working on this cute head accessory for your little one! Here is a step-by-step guide in making the baby headband:
- First, cut a 6-inch long piece of tulle fabric and set it aside. You will use this to tie the tulle loop.
- Pinch the ends of the tulle between your thumb and pointer finger.
- Loosely wrap another tulle fabric around your hand for fifteen times. You can combine two or three colors; it depends on any outfit you want to match. The more you wrap the tulle around the puffier, the final flower will be. Make as many as you want.
- Carefully and gently pull the tulle off your hand.
- Using the 6-inch tulle fabric, you set aside, tie it around the tulle strand around the tulle loop. Make sure you tie the strand tightly, and it is in the center of the loop. Do this to the other tulle loops you have made.
- Cut the ends of the tulle loop using your scissors. Then, allow the tulle to form into a round puff. Trim the edges to get a good circular shape.
- Fluff the tulle according to your style. You can even add ribbons before you add your embellishments.
- Pre-heat your glue gun. Once your tulle flowers are ready, you can start dabbing hot glue on each center and add the rhinestones and other embellishments you have, like diamond beads and gold or silver stamens. You can also glue the other tulle flowers side by side. It depends on how you want the headband to look.
- Let the glue dry.
- Now for the band. You can either use a ribbon that you will tie on your baby’s head or an elastic band for easy putting. Either way, make sure the elastic band or ribbon measurements fit your little one’s head. But for this guide, you will need 16 inches of the elastic band for a one-year-old baby.
- Using the felt fabric, measure it according to the length of the number of tulle flowers you have made. Cut it accordingly.
- With the glue gun, stick the elastic band or ribbon on the felt fabric. After that, glue it to your tulle flowers, with the elastic side covered between the felt and your tulle flowers. Let it dry.
You now have a cute, tulle flower baby headband! Surely, your little girl will love having it on her head, paired with here beautiful tutu or even just her daily walk outfits. Know more about baby headbands.
Now you know how to make a baby headband with tulle flowers. It is simple and pretty, right? What you only need to do now is apply the steps you have learned in making this pretty and adorable headband—no other expenses. Just remember, there are other kinds of tulle fabrics that you can use in making this headband. You can also make use of a ribbon instead of an elastic band.
Again, familiarize yourself with this guide to not have to waste tulle fabric if you make mistakes. Just remember, you can do whatever style or design you want. It is all to make your little girl happy and beautiful