If you’re trying to figure out the perfect baby shower gift, why not try to make a rose out of a baby sock? Rose is one of the most wonderful gifts on every occasion.
Aside from it is a beautiful and unique gift, it is also useful for a mother who needs a baby sock in the future. A rose made out of a baby sock is very simple and easy to make. If you are interested in creating a rose made out of a baby sock, I have provided instructions on how to make a rose out of a baby sock.
Material You Will Need
A rose out of a baby sock is a beautiful baby shower gift. It can also be used as a decoration for the baby shower event and can be used when a mother needs a baby sock in the future. Learning how to make a rose out of a baby sock can take 3 to 10 minutes, depending on how fast you work. Learning how to make a rose out of a baby sock can help you save your money. Let’s start the rose-making process with a list of materials you will need:
- Baby socks of your preferred color, six pieces or more depending on your preference
- Flower vase
- Green floral tape
- Green floral wire
- Some extra greenery
- Wire cutters
These are the easy and simple steps on how to make a rose out of a baby sock:
- Design your rose. It is up to you if you choose the left or right toe, as long as you are using baby socks, and not baby booties. Do not use baby booties as they are too long and cannot form a very good flower bud.
- Fold the baby sock’s toe upwards. Do not roll the baby sock too tight, but do not let the roll be big and loose. After that, roll the button or base of the sock up, so it becomes parallel to the sock’s opening. Angle the sock’s toe upwards toward the opening.
- Create a second roll in the sock. Keep the rolls tight, and do not overly tug or stretch the sock while you are rolling it up.
- Make the third roll precisely the same as the second one. Baby socks are not very big, so some baby sock requires only three rolls. Do not forget to leave a little bit of unrolled sock in its opening when making the last roll.
- Take the sock’s opening with the other hand, and then start to open the sock from inside to outside the rolls.
- Continue rolling the sock’s opening until you have wrapped the opening about half-way up the length of the rolls. Then, pull the rosebud straight. After that, adjust the opening that you wrapped around the sock so it will look even.
- Pull the inner part of the sock out from the top of the blossom.
- Using a wire cutter, cut about 12 to 16 inches of the floral wire to make a rose stem. Bend the wire back and forth using your fingers.
- Put the wire stem into the bottom opening of the sock flower. Put it as high up the sock as you can, and remember not to poke through the sock’s top.
- Get the floral tape and start wrapping the sock flower high up the bottom of the rose and continue wrapping the rose’s base with the floral tape. You can continue down to the wire stem, continue wrapping it to the bottom. After that, cut the tape, and you are done. Make as many roses as you want using the instructions above.
You can also do the following fast and more comfortable instructions on how to make a rose out of a baby sock:
Make a Flower Bud Shape
Make a flower bud by folding the baby sock. The best and easiest way to do this is to roll the sock tightly and slightly so the flower bud shape will form nicely. Using an elastic band or hairband, secure the flower bud shape made out of a sock.
Make a Leaf
After you make a flower bud shape from a baby sock, set it aside and make a leaf using green tissue paper. Make at least 3 leave shapes to one side, and 2 leave shapes to the other side. Take one leaf at a time and then place them on the sides of the rose. You can decide on the position of the leaves. Slightly damp the leaves with water to help the green tissue look more natural. Know more about DIY projects.
You already know the step-by-step instructions on how to make a rose out of a baby sock. You will surely do this more often, especially when you have baby occasions to celebrate. You can also make a sock bouquet and give it as a gift.