How To Make A Sock Bouquet For Baby Showers
A sock bouquet is a wonderful and perfect gift for baby showers or mothers who just gave birth. It is beautiful and almost looks like a real rose bouquet, and it will last for a long time. Aside from it is a unique gift, it can also be used by a mother who needs a baby sock in the future. A sock bouquet is very simple to make, but it will do require a bit of time. If you are interested in creating a sock bouquet, I have provided step-by-step instructions on how to make a sock bouquet for baby showers.
Why Make A Sock Bouquet?
The question is, why you have to make a sock bouquet if you can buy a real flower bouquet on the market? First, it is way too cheap and more practical than buying an expensive flower bouquet on the market. Aside from that, you can customize it and choose your preferred materials to use.
Mothers would appreciate a beautiful handmade and useful sock bouquet. Learning how to make a sock bouquet for baby showers requires a little bit of your time. Each flower can take about 3 to 10 minutes to make, but once you get its hang, it will become easier to make. If you cannot wait to learn how to make a sock bouquet for baby showers, start it by preparing the materials you will need.
Materials You Will Need
There's no need to worry if you cannot think of what to bring when attending a baby shower. Learning how to make a sock bouquet for baby showers can save you. Start it by preparing the following materials:
- Baby socks of your preferred color, six pieces or more depending on your preference
- Flower vase
- Green floral tape
- Green floral wire
- Some extra greenery
- Wire cutters
These are the step-by-step instructions to make a sock bouquet for a baby shower:
- Design your baby sock. It is up to you if you choose the left or right toe, as long as you are using baby socks, and not baby booties. Do not use baby booties as they are too long and cannot form a very good flower bud.
- Fold the toe of the sock upwards. Do not roll the sock too tight, but do not let the roll be big and loose. After that, roll the button or base of the sock up, so it becomes parallel to the sock's opening. Angle the sock's toe upwards toward the opening.
- Create a second roll in the sock. Keep the rolls fairly tight, and do not overly tug or stretch the sock while you are rolling it up.
- Make the third roll precisely the same as the second one. Baby socks are not very big, so some baby sock requires only three rolls. Do not forget to leave a little bit of unrolled sock in its opening when making the last roll.
- Take the sock's opening with the other hand, and then start to open the sock from inside to outside around the rolls.
- Continue rolling the sock's opening until you have wrapped the opening about half-way up the length of the rolls. Then, pull the rosebud straight. After that, adjust the opening that you wrapped around the sock so it will look even.
- Pull the inner part of the sock out from the top of the blossom.
- Using a wire cutter, cut about 12 to 16 inches of the floral wire to make a flower stem. Bend the wire back and forth using your fingers.
- Put the wire stem into the bottom opening of the sock flower. Put it as high up the sock as you can, and remember not to poke through the sock's top.
- Get the floral tape and start wrapping the sock flower fairly high up the bottom of the flower and continue wrapping the flower base with the floral tape. You can continue down to the wire stem, continue wrapping it to the bottom. After that, cut the tape, and you are done. Make as many roses as you want using the instructions above.
- Place the baby sock flowers into a vase and add additional greenery to complete the baby sock bouquet.
Flowers are naturally lovely to bring cheer on every occasion. When you learn how to make a sock bouquet for baby showers, you will be addicted. A baby sock bouquet is a cute and practical way to give mothers who will have a baby shower.
September 9, 2020
By: Rachel Welsh
If you’re trying to figure out the perfect baby shower gift, why not try to make a rose out of a baby sock? Rose is one of the most wonderful gifts on every occasion.
September 7, 2020
By: Rita Camden
Babies tend to remove their socks. It is natural, but it can be very frustrating for parents to want their babies to have warm and clean feet.