Socks keep our toes warm during winter and protect our feet from any blisters when we are wearing shoes. A lot of dancers wear socks because it helps them move and glide on the floor. As much as we need socks almost every day in our lives, babies need them the most. Babies have tiny feet, and their skin is still sensitive. We purchase multiple pairs of socks so that they will have something to wear to protect their tiny feet. But there are times when their socks slip off their tiny feet, or they fall on their bums because their socks are too slippery. How to make baby socks non slip and keep them in their place? There are simple tricks to make this happen.
Choosing the Right Socks for Babies
Socks should be comfortable: soft, warm, keeps our feet feel good, and prevents our feet from dirt and blisters. It is pretty much the same in choosing the right socks for your baby. It is also for you to learn how to make baby socks non slip so that you will not have to worry about a missing sock. Here’s how to choose the right socks for babies:
- Look for good quality material – Finding good quality material is one of the most important things you need to do so that you will not have to worry about skin irritation. Socks are mostly made of cotton. You can choose the thickness of the socks that will suit the weather. If the weather is too hot, go for the thinner one. But if the weather is too cold, you can choose a thicker one or go for the one made of fleece.
- Stock up more on everyday wear – Keeping socks that are good for daily use is advisable. It is great to have multiple pairs because you don’t want your baby to constantly wear a pair of smelly socks. Also, changing their socks a few times in a day can help prevent any rashes and stinky feet.
- Stock up for winter – You should also stock up a few pairs for the winter. If you are not comfortable purchasing the thicker kind for babies, you can always layer up a few of their existing socks. It is one way on how to make baby socks non slip.
- Knee-high – One of the reasons why knee-high socks are great for babies is that it stays in their place. If you want to have an easy fix on how to make baby socks non slip, having a few pairs of knee-high socks is the best option.
How to Make Baby Socks Non Slip and Comfortable?
When our baby is learning how to walk, we want them to be safe and to practice without slipping. But letting them wear socks will always make them slip since their balance is not yet good. Here is a simple way on how to convert their slippery socks to non-slip:
- Place a piece of paper or cardboard in the socks.
- Make sure that the sole of the socks is facing you.
- Use glue or hot glue and draw some shapes around the sole.
- Let it dry.
- Remove the paper or cardboard.
- Let your baby wear them.
These simple steps can help your baby practice their walk comfortably without you worrying about them slipping. Make sure that they are comfortable and can get up by themselves if they lost their balance.
How to Keep Baby Socks from Slipping Off
Socks can be annoying whenever we are wearing them. They tend to slip off and get stuck under our heels while wearing our shoes. But the story is different for our babies. Some babies like to remove their socks because they are not comfortable, and some babies accidentally kick off their socks. Here are some ways on how to make baby socks non slip and for you to not worry about a missing sock.
- Sock sleeves – There are sock sleeves that are exclusively for babies. They look like foot supporter for adults, but instead, they are tiny sleeves that hold the socks in its place. Even if your baby is trying to remove it, they can’t. It comes in different sizes so that you can have the right size that has a snuggle fit on your baby’s tiny feet.
- Make sure they have the right size – If the size of the socks is not right, that is one of the reasons why they slip. It is advisable to make sure that the socks are the perfect fit so that it will hold in its place. If the socks are too big, you can always layer it with another one.
- Check the quality – Make sure that the quality of the sock fabric is good. Some fabrics overstretch after multiple uses, which is why they slip off. If this happens, replace the socks with new ones.
- Wear pants, pajamas or gowns – Letting your baby wear pants, pajamas, or gowns will prevent them from forcibly removing their socks. The length of these clothes often covers their feet, making it hard for them to remove their socks.
- Distract them – Giving your baby some toys can help their socks from slipping. All their attention will be on their toys and not on their socks.
- Sew the seams tighter – If you accidentally bought large socks for your small baby, you can always sew the seams to have a snuggle fit. It can help prevent the socks from slipping off from their feet.
Finding the right pair of socks for your baby is easy. As parents, we should know how to make them feel safe whenever they start learning how to walk. It is also important for us to know how to make baby socks non slip so that our little ones will not encounter any accidents while learning how to walk. It will also be easier for them to stroll fast without slipping. Finally, socks help keep their tiny feet clean and protected. Find out more about baby clothes.