One of the best toy storage ideas is to make a fabric storage bag to hide the toys in plain sight when they make a mess in your living space. They are made portable so the kids can carry them back to their rooms after play. Fabric toy storage bags keep clutter in check, and you can play space with these stylish organizers. Read on to learn how to make fabric toy storage bags.
Why Make a Fabric Toy Storage Bag?
A Fabric Toy Storage Bag is a simple and effective solution to keep toys. It makes small pieces of toys like dolls, cars, balls, and blocks to be stored easily. These toys can all be swiftly cleared away with one swing using a fabric toy storage bag. They are cute and adorable bags that can hold toy items. They are also durable being made out of fabric. When you have it at home, it motivates kids to clean up and throw their toys into the bag. It would also be a useful project for your kids to help out. These bags are easy to make, and there is no pattern of doing it. The storage bags can be made large or small to suit your storage needs. It is an excellent organization idea that surely excites parents to learn how to make fabric toy storage bags at home.
Guide in Making a Fabric Toy Storage Bag
Making a fabric toy storage bag is quite simple, with the use of a few readily available materials. You will need to have a contrasting fabric, scissors, pins, sewing machine and coordinating thread, and iron. It is best to select a stiff fabric like canvas or upholstery to give some support and durability to the bag because it will not stand up on its own and needs to retain some shape. Follow this easy guide on how to make fabric toy storage bags:
- First, you need to start with a rectangular-shaped fabric, because it is easier to fold the fabric and position the folded edge at the bottom. You can make your storage bag as long or as wide as you need, but make sure to keep it a rectangle.
- Next, sew up the sides of the rectangle and keep the top open. Then, make two rectangles – one from the pattern fabric and one from the solid fabric.
- You need to cut two corners off the bottom of the bags to enable the bag to sit flat. After sewing up, the sides of your two identical rectangles lay them flat. Make sure that one of the seam sides faces up.
- Next, mark the corners off at a 45-degree angle. Use a straightedge to mark the angle, then sew across to secure. You should cut the excess fabric, leaving a ¼ edge; do this to both of the bags on each side.
- It’s time to turn the lining right side out and insert it into the main fabric bag inside out. Pin around the top and using a 1/4-inch seam allowance, sew around the top of the bag, leaving a four-inch opening. Now, turn the whole storage bag right side out and stuff the solid piece into the patterned piece.
- Next, press all the seams down on the top of the storage bag and fold in the raw edges of the four-inch opening 1/4 inch and press. Pin together and topstitch the 1/4 inch around the top of the bag to make it all done.
- Finally, turn down the top of the bag to show the contrasting fabric of your storage bag. You can now stuff it with toys and other things. Every mom who knows how to make fabric toy storage bags will be happy to see the toys placed in pretty storage bags.
As your kids grow, they’re having lots of toys making your home a mess at times. It would be best if you came up with ways to keep all those toys together. Learning how to make fabric toy storage bags will do the trick. You will also be able to train your child to get toys and keep them in place after playing. With a storage bag, your children’s toys will have a stylish place to call home when not in use. It is an ideal way to keep toys organized, and they are also pretty to see. Know more about baby toys.