It is always good to apply your touch as a parent to everything that your baby uses. Aside from practicality, it can also give you the fulfillment that your baby is using something that you made. In this article, I will discuss how to make mini crib bedding, tips about the materials that you should use, and the advantages of using your mini crib bedding.
Mini Crib Bedding
Mini crib beddings are challenging to find or look for in the market and having a baby can require for you to change the sheets as often as possible and that is why you might have decided to learn how to make mini crib bedding for your baby’s crib.
Let us start off with the materials for your mini crib bedding.
- A yard and a half of fabric
- Sewing machine
- Fifty-four inches of one-fourth inch elastic
- Iron, and
- Safety pins
- Get the measurements of the crib mattress
- Outline the measurements into the fabric that you have selected for your mini crib beddings
- Make sure that you add twelve inches into each corner for the allowance
- Cut through the outlines
- From each corner of the bedding, cut out a 4.5 inches square
- Fold and pin the right sides together on each corner
- Sew a straight stitch through the folded area but leave about ½ inch for the hem
- Roll the hems around the edges of the sheet and then iron them
- Hide all the edges to make the pocket that will enclose the elastic
- Mark three inches wide unsewn in the corners of the fabric
- Place a safety pin into those corners of the fabric
- Sew through the ironed hems until the pins
- Measure and cut out the elastic
- Attach a safety pin to one end of the elastic
- Feed the fastener into the three inches gap that you have allotted
- Sew both sides of the elastic together by overlapping them both by one inch and straight stitch back and forth
- Pull the elastic through the sheet to even it out
- Sew through the three inches open hem but don’t sew the elastic through
Choosing the Best Bedding for Your Baby’s Crib
Now that you know how to make mini crib bedding, one other step is to understand how to choose the best bedding for your baby’s crib.
Choice of Fabric
High cotton sheets are the best for babies. However, it is also advisable for parents to experiment with their choice of fabric according to season and how well the baby sleeps using a particular material.
For babies born in winter, you have to make sure to get flannel cotton sheets which retain heat, and during the summer, you can go for cotton blend sheets that will help keep the baby cool.
For babies with sensitive skin and for those of you who want to keep your baby’s skin protected, you have to make sure that everything in the crib is organic and is healthy for you and your baby.
Next, you have to make sure that the fabric can be washed and can be put in the machine without staining the other fabric or shrinking.
Another thing that you need to consider when buying the best beddings for your baby’s crib is the colour of the sheets and everything in the crib.
Make sure that everything in the crib and the room are complementary to the colours of the beddings. Colour is essential because colour can set the vibe and the temperature of the room for your baby and you.
And, the temperature and the vibe of the room will set the baby’s mood and the baby’s health for that matter.
The last thing that you have to consider when you are looking for the best beddings for the crib or are learning how to make mini crib bedding is the fit of the linen.
You have to make sure that the bedding fits like a glove into the mattress because this will also significantly contribute to your baby’s comfort and just how well she sleeps.
One of the things you can learn as a parent is how to make mini crib beddings. Mini crib beddings can be expensive and are difficult to find. Luckily, there are always ways to ensure your baby’s comfort. It is good to give everything your personal touch. This way, you won’t have to worry about it not being good enough for your taste. Know more about baby cribs.