How To Make Organic Baby Lotion For Your Baby’s Skin
Parents love to caress the baby's skin, and who doesn't like to rub a baby's delicate skin? Their skin is often dry only because they are in a space open to the air, and that's natural. Using an all-natural lotion is safer because an infant's skin is susceptible to additives used for colorings and fragrances. There are harmful chemical products that may induce conditions such as asthma or allergies. Hence, the more you know, the more you should protect and nourish your baby's skin. This article will give you some DIY tutorials on how to make an organic baby lotion that is natural and safe for your baby.
Organic Baby-Friendly Ingredients
Raw Shea Butter
Shea butter originates from Shea Tree fruit nuts. This organic substance is high in vitamins A, E, and F. Shea butter relieves dry, itchy skin and helps collagen production in the skin.
Organic Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is organic antibacterial, very hydrating, and antimicrobial. It is filled with fatty acids and particularly high in lauric acid. They also have a rich quality of vitamin E that is supple to the skin.
Vitamin E Oil
This is rich in antioxidants and tends to soften and heal damaged or chapped face, again.
- You can't go wrong with a cocoa butter while looking at how to produce a lotion! Cocoa butter is a perfect moisturizer for several vitamins, including A, B1, B2, B3, C, and E.
Lavender Essential Oil
- This ingredient has anti-inflammatory effects that help lower swelling, redness, and skin irritation. Essential lavender oil helps encourage relaxing, and it will support your little one catch that much-needed Zs.
See, this all-natural baby lotion is packed full of good for your skin ingredients. Trust me, having your little one to use some of this organic infant lotion would be a lot better than to consume something nutritious.
So do yourself a big favor and follow how to make an organic baby lotion for your little one's sensitive skin.
How to Make Organic Baby Lotion
- ⅓ cup organic coconut oil
- ⅓ cup organic butter – can be shea, mango, or cocoa butter
- ⅓ teaspoon Vitamin E Oil [optional]
- 5-10 drops essential oil – lavender essential oil and/or
- chamomile essential oil
- glass container
- hand mixer
- Using a double boiler, or produce one by adding a glass jar or measuring cup in a standard 1-2 inch water bath. Carry the boiling water then dial down to med / med-high.
- Stir in your combination of coconut oil and butter.
- Ingredients melt.
- Remove from heat and whisk in oils.
- Place in a glass container and use it when necessary.
Mix your preferred coconut oil and butter to a soft consistency.
Refrigerate if appropriate until the surface begins to harden.
Stir in oils.
Mix all at high speed until smooth and flaccid. The mixture would be only double that.
Place in a glass container and use it when necessary.
Ingredients To Avoid
Making this DIY baby lotion that you can use with no worries is not hard, and does not take much time. You will want to use anything straightforward like natural organic olive oil or coconut oil if your baby is less than three months old. You should throw in some essential oils after they are three months old. The lavender essential oil and the chamomile are two common ones to use.
It is essential because too many bath and body items are potentially packed with carcinogenic or harmful ingredients. Different, hazardous compounds include:
Aloe-Based DIY Baby Lotion
The aloe-based formula is much cleaner and not as greasy if you'd like a thinner lotion recipe. It has no infinite shelf life and can be used within a period because it has no additives.
1 cup aloe vera gel
1 tsp + 1 TBSP beeswax pastilles
1/2 cup almond oil or jojoba oil (or any other liquid oil)
1 tsp vitamin E oil (optional)
1 TBSP shea butter (optional)
- Mix the beeswax, almond oil, and shea butter in a saucepan of water in a double boiler or glass pot.
- Remove from heat and drain into a mason jar or blender.
- Let the temperature drop. You need it to be room temperature, so then continue hardening along the edges. It would also ensure the lotion emulsifies properly.
- Stir in vitamin E and any essential oils.
- Use a blender or immersion mixer to start blending. Come on applying the aloe vera gel gradually before it is added.
- Using a spatula to clean off the sides and combine before thoroughly added a few times each.
- Place for up to six weeks in a glass container in the fridge.
I do hope this article was helpful. You ou can try this easy tutorial on how to make an organic baby lotion. It'd make a perfect shower present for a new mom-to-be or anyone else. Who doesn't like a healthy body/hand lotion that is clean of toxins?
September 7, 2020
By: Louie Dickenson
Rashes can give your baby discomfort. You would know a diaper rash when you see one. It is still advisable to treat it ASAP. Since babies have sensitive skin, it would be ideal to use the best organic diaper rash cream to treat it.
August 31, 2020
By: Alicia Davis
When it comes to caring for babies, many parents tend to worry easily. Babies are very sensitive, and they need the utmost care and love.
August 26, 2020
By: Louie Dickenson
Your child is the most precious gift you will ever receive in your whole lifetime. And a precious little one should be taken care of with the highest level of love and sincerity you can muster.