How To Make Your Own Crib Canopy
Providing for your children's needs and addressing their wants are two tasks that parents all over the world strive to fulfill no matter the cause. And you do not answer them as it is, but you try only to bring the best onto the table because your little angel indeed deserves nothing less than perfect. And so, cribs and many baby furniture are essential to make that nursery in your house complete and beautiful. But you will find out that perhaps a simple crib is not enough. You will probably standover that crib and see that you want to improve it however you can. You want to enhance the comfort levels it can provide your baby to make sure that they get a good night's sleep. A crib canopy is a recommendation for all parents. Also, try to read on how to make your own crib canopy.
DIY a Crib Canopy—Quick and Simple
Crib canopies are extremely famous worldwide. They are accessories that can easily brighten up the room with its sophisticated look and comforting functionality. There are many types, and everything depends on your preferences. So, read further and find out how to make your own crib canopy.
Materials to DIY a Simple Crib Canopy
The materials you need to construct a crib canopy are dependent on what look you are going to blend into the rest of the decorations around the nursery. The following materials are easy to find and are the base of any DIY crib canopies:
- Embroidery hoop or ring
- 2 Netting fabric curtains or sheer curtains
- Sturdy wire
Steps to DIY a Simple Crib Canopy
In making a crib canopy, it is essential to keep in mind the final product you wish to achieve. But if you are aiming more for functionality with elegance and style, then read on as the following are the steps on how to make your own crib canopy that is easy and quick.
- Prepare your embroidery hoop or ring. Generally used for embroidery, as the name implies, the embroidery hoop has many uses. One of the applications is apparently to make your canopy. It is common for embroidery rings to have a screw that you can loosen, so the hoop no longer makes a closed circle. So, that is what you will do, unscrew one side from the other. Also, detach from each other the outer and inner rings of the hoop.
- Fix the curtains into the hoop. With sheer curtains, one side of the material should circle into itself, making a hole between two sides of the curtain. Through the hole, slide it onto the hoop as you would a standard curtain. Remember to do this to the other sheer curtain on the other half of the circle.
- Reattach the screw of the embroidery hoop. After successfully sliding the curtains into place, re-screw the embroidery ring, so it is a perfect circle once again.
- Run wires across the frame. Fetch the hoop's inner circle and run wires across it, making a cross in the middle. Twist the ends to secure it. Make sure that it is tight, so it is not flimsy.
- Adjust the curtains. At this point, the curtains are probably a bit crumpled up. Just straighten it out.
- Reattach the outer and inner hoops. After arranging the curtains around the outer ring, reattach the inner ring. Adjust the curtains again according to your liking.
- Loop another line of wire tightly around the middle of the pre-looped wires. Make sure that your newly attached cable is the length of which you want your canopy to hang down from the ceiling.
- Attach the hook onto the ceiling. When you are sure that your canopy looks perfect, prepare the catch by drilling it into the ceiling to make sure that it is safe and secured.
- Hang the canopy from the hook.
Materials to DIY a Floral Crib Canopy
As was established, crib canopies can look like anything as long as it follows the functions of a canopy. With this, you can make your dream floral canopy. Learn how to make your own crib canopy by first knowing what materials you need.
- Netting fabric or sheer material
- Styrofoam wreath
- Roll of green wool or yarn
- Faux leaves or greeneries
- Faux flowers
- Other decoratives
- Hot glue
Steps to DIY a Floral Crib Canopy
In everything we do, it is a must that we give our best. Thus, floral crib canopies are not out of reach. They are colorful and visually pleasing that is beneficial for both the parents and the baby. The following points are the steps on how to make your own crib canopy with style:
- Cover the wreath with the green yarn or wool. Wrap the wool all over the wreath. Make sure that you cannot see any part of the Styrofoam so that it is neat. Secure it with a knot.
- Prepare the fake flowers and leaves. Cut off the long stems of the flowers so that only a fraction of the stem remains.
- Puncture the flowers and leaves into the wreath. Taking the stem of the flowers and leaves, stick it to at least one-fourth of the wreath first as you please. Place the flowers near or as close together as possible. Cluster them together to create a more delightful feature.
- Attach the netting material to the Styrofoam wreath. Take your netting fabric and hot glue it onto your wreath. Do as you please with it, but it does look best if you pattern it in a way that mimics that of a tennis skirt.
- Secure the netting fabric. To cross-check that the material is secure, you can insert the fabric into the hole of the wreath and hot glue it again the same way. Make sure to use tools like scissors when fixing the material with hot glue. Do not use your bare hands to avoid acquiring burns. Do this step at only around one-fourth of each side, so that it does not fill up the whole wreath.
- Stick on more decoratives. After securing the fabric, you can go ahead and finish decorating the wreath. You can proceed by sticking on more flowers, greeneries, or any other accessories you want to apply. Just make sure that they went straight into the wreath.
- Run wires across the wreath. Secure wires and create a cross in the middle onto the wreath. This formation will attach the canopy onto the hook.
- Mount the ceiling hook. Drill the hook into your ceiling to assure that the canopy does not fall unceremoniously.
- Hang the canopy from the hook.
You can find canopies anywhere in the market, but usually, they would be expensive and challenging for your pocket. I hope that this article guides you on how to make your own crib canopy. It will let your wallet breathe, and will also give you full reign on how the awning will look. Not to mention, it will provide you with the best satisfaction when you see your angel get a full good night's sleep with the help of your effort.
September 1, 2020
By: Rita Camden
There are certain requirements for perfect baby mattresses. The baby mattress should be very firm but comfortable for sleeping and lying down.
September 1, 2020
By: Josie Ray
Once our babies arrive in our life, everything that we are used to will change. We adapt, and we make the entire home safe for our babies to grow. When it comes to their sleeping area, we always go with cribs.
August 28, 2020
By: Josie Ray
If it has not passed your mind yet, taking care of babies is expensive! This costly reminder is a fact, and you, as a parent, need to plan for possible expenses, especially for the baby crib.