How To Patch An Inflatable Pool: A Repair Guide
Inflatable pools are portable and very convenient, especially during the summer or in circumstances when you cannot go out, or your actual pool is too dirty. However, one of the most inaccessible and frustrating parts of having an inflatable, especially for children, is when it gets holes. You can never be too careful because sometimes, taking it from one place to another can cause them. In this guide, I will be giving you tips on how to patch an inflatable pool and some other tips about your inflatable pool.
How to Patch Inflatable Pool
Look for the Hole/s
The first step on how to patch up an inflatable pool is to look for the holes or the source of the leaking.
- Inflate the pool
- Close the air valve
- Place the float in a pool or a tub filled with water
- Submerge one part of the pool at a time and look for the air bubbles
- Rotate it and submerge as much as possible to look for any more holes around its body.
Before you can learn how to patch inflatable pool, you first need to check the manufacturer’s website and see what your inflatable pool is made of. This way, you will also know which repair kit to use.
Vinyl kits only work for vinyl-covered floats while general pool kits work for rubber or other materials.
Prepare and Patch Up
After spotting the holes and preparing your repair kits, you will now have to prepare the inflatable pool itself.
- Dry off the inflatable pool
- Clean the hole with wipes or alcohol
- Deflate the pool,
- Flat-it out where the damaged area is facing up and has an inch of material around it
- Peel the back part of the repair patch
- Smooth the patch over the hole
- Work from one end of the patch to the other to keep the patch smooth when you apply it.
- Wait for thirty minutes to one hour before you can inflate the pool.
When learning how to patch up an inflatable pool, you also need to learn that you have other options aside from patches.
One other option is a waterproof sealant that you can use to have the pool patched up or repaired. Waterproof sealants can be used to improve holes in the seam area and those small holes around the inflatable pool.
- Choose a sealant for the material of your pool
- Deflate and dry the pool
- Clean the hole with alcohol
- Allow it to dry
- Apply a drop of the sealant to the hole
- Smooth it out with a plastic card
- The sealant should extend ½ inch beyond the hole.
- Allow it to dry or to cure for thirty minutes to one hour before inflating.
Taking Care of Your Inflatable Pool
Now that you know how to patch inflatable pool, I will now discuss how to take care of the inflatable pool not to get damaged easily.
When you fold the inflatable pool to keep it, you need to have it secured in a bag—one that does not have anything else in it and one that will protect it from anything.
You have to make sure that it is well folded so that you won't risk damaging it when you unfold it or take it out of the bag.
Make sure that the pump that you use is appropriate for the inflatable pool that you have, especially for the size of the inflatable pool. This way, you won't have to worry about being able to inflate it quickly.
Some inflatable pools come with a pump, but in case you need a replacement, you need to consider your inflatable pool's size and just how quickly you need to have it inflated.
One other factor you have to consider when buying an inflatable pool is the inflatable pool's quality.
Before buying the inflatable pool, make sure that you know what it is made of to know how to handle it and how you can take care of it.
Inflatable pools are one of the most popular leisure tools nowadays, but they are also very delicate because anytime, they can have holes or scratches in them, and then you won't be able to use them anymore. In this article, I discussed how to patch an inflatable pool and other tips on taking care of your inflatable pool. Remember, the more you take care of your inflatable pool, the more you and your kids can enjoy and spend more time together.
November 7, 2020
By: Louie Dickenson
Kids love to play. Wherever they are and whatever they do, they always find time and space for fun and play. When you go to a children’s party