How To Puree Chicken For Baby – Easy Guide
When it comes to baby food, mothers tend to be very careful, especially during the first few stages of feeding the baby some baby food. The best baby food that you can give is the ones you make at home. You get to customize the texture and the ingredients to make sure it is safe for your baby to eat. When you’re ready to give your little one the taste of his first meat, you can give him chicken puree. Is it easy to learn how to puree chicken for baby? Yes! It only takes a couple of minutes to prepare, and you can instantly feed it to your baby. Besides, puree foods are always easy to prepare so that your baby will discover new flavors and textures that they can eat.
When to Give Your Baby Puree Food
Babies can start eating mashed and pureed foods when they reach six months. A lot of mothers start with fruits and vegetables since they are easy to prepare. Pureed meat is also part of the menu in the long run. Introducing them to this type of feeding can help them soon transition to solid food eating. They will be familiar with the taste and get to know how to nibble through the eating process. It can also help develop their motor skills by slightly chewing the softness of pureed food. Aside from that, they can also get the right nutrients they need from all the food they eat.
Process on How to Puree Chicken for Baby
If you want to start feeding your baby pureed chicken, you must learn how to make it at home so that you will no longer have to worry about running to the store.
Here are the ingredients and the steps on how to puree chicken for baby:
- 8oz Boneless and skinless chicken
- 1cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1tsp dried parsley
- Boil all ingredients to medium heat, then turn the heat down and simmer for 20 minutes. After that, let it cool.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree it until you reach the exact texture or consistency you think your baby can eat.
The entire process takes less than 30 minutes since you are only blending all of the ingredients. Also, the great thing about puree food is that you can make a huge batch and place it in your freezer or refrigerator. If you put it in your fridge, it can last up to 2-3 days as long as it is in an airtight container. But if you decide to place it in the freezer, it will last even longer. You can freeze puree food up to 2 months in the freezer without worrying that it may spoil. All you need to do is grab a small amount, enough for your baby to consume, and have more supply for the next few weeks. Now you know how to puree chicken for baby.
Benefits of a Puree Chicken for Babies
Once you learn how to puree chicken for babies, it will be easier for them to chew real chunks of food a little later in their development. It can also help them develop their sense of taste and strengthen their growing teeth. Here are the other benefits that you and your baby can get from pureed foods as your baby's first chewing food:
- Simple and full of flavors – The combination of the ingredients will help enhance the sense of taste of your babies. It will entice them to eat more so that they will have the right amount of nutrients they need.
- Rich in protein – Chicken is rich in protein, and feeding the baby the right amount can help build their muscles to help them with their mobility.
- Can mix vegetables for added nutrients – Adding different kinds of vegetables can give your baby extra nutrients that he/she will need. Also, they can discover new taste every time you mix a mixed vegetable in their chicken puree. It will also make them feel excited whenever it is time for them to eat.
- Perfect for stage 1 baby food – Pureed food is the best baby’s first food to eat. It is because of the texture and consistency of the food that allows them to enjoy home-cooked meals.
- Lasts long in the freezer – What’s great about puree foods is that you can make a huge batch and store it in your freezer so that you will have a supply that can last for weeks. You will no longer have to worry about food preparations in the future. All you need to do is grab a small portion, heat it in the microwave, and feed it to your baby.
- Homemade – Homemade foods are the best foods that anyone can have. Because you know what is inside, and you can even customize the ingredients to the way you want.
- Experiment with flavors – Figuring out what food makes your baby love to eat is a fun process. You get to mix and match different ingredients that will give them a great appetite. Also, it will be easier for them to transition to solid foods as they grow up.
Every parent should learn how to puree chicken for baby or any pureed foods. It is because there are a lot of health benefits that a baby can get from eating this type of food. They get to exercise their chewing skills and, at the same time, get the right amount of nutrients they need. Also, they will have fun eating when they discover new tastes. Babies are curious little beings, and when you give them their first chicken puree, they will surely want to have some more. Know more about baby food.
May 3, 2021
By: Alicia Davis
Whether you are making a meat puree for your baby’s food or as part of your soft food diet, the goal is to have a smooth and silky consistency.
May 3, 2021
By: Rachel Welsh
Transitioning a baby from formula to solid foods is a huge milestone. The first time you feed your baby can be an enjoyable experience for both of you.