Our baby tends to mess around with food, paint, and other things that can make their clothes dirty. But the worse thing that can happen to their clothes is a stain that is hard to get rid of. There are times when cleaning products are no longer working. Sometimes, we scrub too much on the fabric and eventually give up and leave the stain. It will cause the stain to set-in the fabric, and it will be a lot more difficult for us to wash it away. It is a tricky part of learning how to remove set in stains from baby clothes. What you need to do is look for the right cleaning agent to help you do the cleaning easier.
Different Kinds of Laundry Agent for Baby Clothes
There are different kinds of laundry agents you can use to make sure that your baby’s clothes are free from stain. Most of them are safe to use because, especially the ones that are made for baby clothes. Here are the laundry agents that you can use if you want to know how to remove set in stains from baby clothes:
- Liquid Detergent – Liquid detergent often comes in a bottle with a measuring cup included. All you need to do is read the instructions making sure to know the amount that you need for the number of clothes that you will wash. Pour it in the detergent section of your machine, and start washing.
- Powder Detergent – The powdered detergent is similar to the liquid detergent. But the only difference between the two is the way you measure it. For powdered detergent, you will use a scoop that comes along with the packet or container.
- Laundry Softener – Laundry softener is to make sure that there will be no wrinkle formation after the clothes are dry. Some of the laundry softeners have scents so that it will make the clothes smell good after wash.
- Stain Remover – If you want a stain treatment or on-the-spot stain removal, there are different kinds of stain removers that you can purchase. Most of them are in a spray bottle, while some look like a marker.
It is up to you to choose which laundry agent you want to use to keep the clothes of your baby clean. But treating set-in stains is a different story. Some may take a while to be completely removed. It will also depend on what kind of stain is on the clothes.
Steps on How to Remove Set in Stains From Baby Clothes
There are a lot of times when we can’t get rid of thick stains on our baby’s clothes right away. We sometimes forget about them and let it sit in for a long time. But if you want to finally get rid of them and are having difficulty on how to remove set in stains from baby clothes, here are some tricks that you can do:
- Treat stains – Use a stain remover of your choice on the stains. If it won’t work, soak the clothes in hot water with a detergent of your choice for a couple of hours and rinse it.
- Use liquid baby soap – Most of the stain removers contain bleach, which is dangerous and harmful to the baby’s skin. Before placing it in the washing machine, rinse the clothes with baby soap to make the clothes safe to wear.
- Handwash – Once done, you can handwash the clothes so that as not to miss any areas. But if you are sure that you covered every part with stain, you can toss the clothes in the washing machine.
- Fold the clothes as soon as they are dry – When the clothes are dry, folding them right after drying can prevent them from wrinkling. It will also keep the closet organized.
Things to Consider Before Purchasing Laundry Agent for Baby clothes
When it comes to purchasing a laundry agent of your baby’s clothes, there are some things that you need to consider. You want the laundry agent to be safe and effective to use so that there will be no harm that can happen to your baby. Here are the things to consider before purchasing laundry agents for baby clothes:
- No harsh chemicals – Some laundry agents contain different kinds of chemicals that can harm your bay’s skin. Some of these chemicals that you need to watch out for are chlorine bleach, ammonium sulfate, fragrance, dyes, benzyl acetate, and benzene.
- Go for natural ingredients – The fewer the ingredients that the detergent, softener, or cleaner have, the better and safer for you to use in cleaning your baby’s clothes.
- Fragrance-free is advisable – Fragrance on detergents or fabrics softener has added chemicals to make the clothes smell good. There are only a few laundry agents with natural fragrances, but you still need to watch out for harmful ingredients.
If you want to learn how to remove set in stains from baby clothes, you need to try out different laundry agents that are safe for your baby’s clothes. It will also depend on the type of fabric and laundry agent that you will use. Remove set-in stains may take a while. Knowing what they are and where they came from will make things a lot easier for you. Get more tips on cleaning.