When washing baby clothes, you must be aware of the chemical composition of the laundry detergent you use. Your baby’s skin is highly sensitive, and the chemicals on ordinary detergents may cause rashes and allergic reactions. It is recommended to use baby detergents for your little one’s clothing, but it’s tempting to use tough detergents when dealing with heavily stained clothes. Oxiclean may come to mind when you see thick chocolate or mud stains, but is Oxyclean safe for baby clothes?
What is Oxiclean?
Oxiclean has three main ingredients that are known for being good at removing dirt. It contains Hydrogen Peroxide, Sodium Carbonate, and Soda Ash. These ingredients work together to lift out the stains that are on the clothes without ruining the fabric quality. What makes Oxiclean the most popular laundry detergent is the ingredients that are safe to use for your family’s clothes. It also helps a lot of parents get rid of food stains from their baby’s clothes. But is Oxiclean safe for baby clothes?
What are the Benefits of Oxiclean?
Is Oxiclean safe for baby clothes? Parents often ask this question whenever they are trying to figure out which detergent they must use to clean their baby’s clothes. Many people prefer to use the Oxiclean product specially designed for baby’s clothes. Here are the reasons why:
- Safe To Use – It’s gentle to your skin. It’s also safe to use for a washing machine as it does not have abrasive ingredients.
- It Doesn’t Cause Any Allergic Reaction – Since Oxiclean is gentle to the fabric, you’re sure that your baby will not have any allergic reaction. It effectively removes the dirt and doesn’t leave any chemicals on the fabric that causes any irritation.
- Prevents Rashes – Rashes are common for babies. It’s either because of their tight diapers or the type of clothes that they are wearing. Also, using a detergent that is harsh on the fabric plays a role as to why babies get allergic reactions. Oxiclean leaves the clothes soft and smooth and does not leave any allergens on your baby’s clothes.
- Smells Good –Oxiclean leaves a nice scent so that your little one smells fresh and fragrant.
- No Harsh Chemicals – Oxiclean does not contain harsh chemicals, which is why it is safe for your baby’s clothes.
How to Use Oxiclean on Baby Clothes?
If you want to use Oxiclean to wash your baby’s clothes, here are the simple steps to properly use it:
- Mix a scoop of Oxiclean with a tub of water. Mixing Oxyclean with water activates the ingredients in the detergent that help remove the clothes’ stain.
- Soak the clothes. Separate the colored from white clothes to prevent staining. It will also be easier for you to locate which clothes have the most stain.
- Handwash the clothes, especially where the stain is. If there are no stains, it is ok to wash them by hand or put them in the washing machine. However, hand washing is advisable for those clothes with a lot of stains. It is to make sure that the clothes are thoroughly cleaned.
- For machine wash, toss the clothes in the washing machine and place one scoop of Oxiclean in the detergent area. This method is applicable to clothes with no stain. This process is enough to remove all the dust and bad smell that the clothes absorbed while you or your baby were wearing them.
Is Oxiclean safe for baby clothes? It is advisable to check on the label on how to use a particular Oxiclean detergent. You need to know what type of fabric you are washing because it may not react properly with this type of detergent. Also, be sure to separate all the colored clothes from the white or light-colored clothes to avoid transferring of colors. It is one way to keep and preserve the quality of the fabric of your baby’s clothes or your clothes.
Oxiclean is easy to use, and it is safe for your baby’s clothes. It does not contain harsh chemicals, and it is gentle on the skin, it also keeps the clothes smell good. Some detergents may be tough on removing the dirt, but they may be harmful to your baby. So, when someone asks – “Is Oxiclean safe for baby clothes?”, you can say yes. Just remember to prioritize your baby’s safety when buying products that you use to clean their things. Know more about baby clothes.