Should You Wipe A Baby Boy After Peeing?
Babies tend to pee eight times a day or more and poop thrice a day or more. Genital hygiene for babies is one thing that parents should take time to learn. There are some do's and don'ts that a parent should know about caring for the genitals for their baby. If you're a baby boy's parent and wondering if should you wipe baby boy after pee, the answer is no. A baby's pee does not irritate their genitals, whether they are a boy or a girl, because diapers are so absorbent that it doesn't make any wet contact with their genital.
Baby Genital Care
Keeping the genitals of our baby clean can help prevent rashes and other irritation. This will make sure your baby will have a healthy genital so that they can live a comfortable life. There are times when a baby catches UTI or a simple rash, and this will make them cry a lot and make you extra worried. Here are some tips on how to take care of your baby's genital:
- Choose the right diaper – Every diaper brand has its pros and cons. The material used is different from one another. Some parents alternate cloth diapers and regular diapers to prevent rashes. Choosing the right regular diaper will help because it may contain harmful chemicals that cause a chemical rash. Find the ones that don’t have chemicals and make sure that the garter has a soft cloth-like cover.
- Inspect the baby cleaning products – Not all baby cleaning products are ideal for every baby. When a baby's skin tends to react on a baby product that they haven't used before—you should stop using it and ask your pediatrician for advice.
- Consider the wiping direction – Thinking if should you wipe baby boy after pee and poop, you should know the wiping direction. Boys tend to get UTI more than baby girls because of their uncircumcised penis. Their poop can carry bacteria that cause UTI.
- Constant diaper checks – It is ok always to check your baby’s diaper because it is better to be safe than sorry.
- Frequency of cleaning – If you notice that the diaper is full or your baby made a poopie, it is understandable that you need to clean them. Also, it is advisable to replace the diapers when they are soiled.
Dealing with a Rash
It is common for babies to have a diaper rash. But this can be prevented if you regularly change their diapers and cleaning their genitals properly. Also, should you wipe baby boy after peeing when he has a rash? – yes. Because if you leave their genital wet, it may cause more irritation that can worsen the rash. There is also a tendency for your baby to have other infections if the rash area is not clean. To avoid a diaper rash, you need to let your baby’s bum out for a while, allowing it to have fresh air. After that, apply an ointment rash before putting on a diaper to speed up the recovery. Avoid using powder because it can irritate the baby’s lungs.
Here are some products that you can use to prevent diaper rash safely:
- Rash ointment
- Petroleum jelly
- Zinc oxide
- Cloth diaper
How to Change a Baby’s Diaper
As a new parent, it is always a challenge to take care of a baby, especially when it comes to changing the diapers. Here are some steps that you can follow to change your baby’s diaper:
- Place your baby in front of you and make sure you have a changing pad under your baby. It is to prevent their pee and poop from staining the changing area.
- Remove the clothes and unfasten the tape belt of the diaper.
- Raise your baby’s legs gently, then remove the soiled diaper and throw it away.
- If you’re wondering if should you wipe baby boy after pee while diaper change, the answer is yes. It goes the same with baby girls as well. Make sure to wipe with a clean wiper and dry all the areas where the pee went.
- Place a clean diaper under your baby before placing the feet down. Before sealing the diaper, make sure there are no gaps around their thighs and hips. Also, if you have a baby boy, you should point his little penis downward. It is to prevent the diaper from leaking and soiling his clothes. You will also no longer have to worry about doing the entire process all over again.
You don’t need to worry if your baby boy pees all the time. Asking if should you wipe baby boy after pee all the time, the simple answer is no. A baby’s pee does not cause any harm to their genitals. Although, it is advisable to clean it during diaper change but not every after they pee. Diaper change can be a tough challenge for new parents. But this will be a lot easier as time goes by. Keeping your baby’s genitals clean and healthy will ensure that they will have a healthy body. Get more tips on baby wipes
May 4, 2021
By: Alicia Davis
Baby wipes are wet or moist towelettes used for cleaning purposes like hygiene for babies. They are very commonly used for baby care like wiping and cleaning
May 3, 2021
By: Alicia Davis
One question that probably pops out your head is, “Do baby wipes kill bacteria?” especially in our current world situation.