What Shoes To Wear With Maternity Dresses – A Style Guide
With pregnancy comes a lot of changes, and soon you will find yourself adjusting to the demands of gestation. Being pregnant, you may have to give up old habits, and that may include tweaking the way you dress. This isn’t for anything else, but to ensure that you are on the safe side while pregnant.
Dressing will now have to go from fashion to function, where your wardrobe should support a growing belly and the sensitivities of pregnancies. As conceiving women are prone to developing urinary tract infections, you should abstain from wearing ill-fitting jeans and resort to maternity dresses – which are mostly designed to make pregnant women feel more comfortable. On top of choosing the right clothes, you also have to reconsider your choice of footwear. High-heeled shoes may be risky, and it makes you prone to tripping. With that, you should know what shoes to wear with maternity dresses.
Closet Must-Haves During Pregnancy
Weight gain is a hallmark of pregnancy, and with that, you may need to get a closet upgrade. To start, you should know which dresses are comfortable for pregnant women and what shoes to wear with maternity dresses. Look into some of the essentials or closet must-haves to stay stylish and comfortable during pregnancy. The following are a few of the purchases you can make:
- Maternity Bra. Before entering the world of nursing bras and breastfeeding, you should first venture into the racks of maternity bras. Maternity bras are like regular bras but made more comfortable and efficient for busy mothers. Maternity bras are fantastic, especially when they are smooth, soft, seamless, or wire-free, stretchy, and non-padded, but most of all, maternity bras should give your breasts full support, so you are comfortable all day long.
- Soft Underwear. When pregnant, you must be comfortable from the top of your head to the tips of your toes. You should not only focus on your waist-up but also waist-down. So, look for the softest pairs of underwear you can find in the market.
- Maternity Jeans. You cannot find maternity jeans in any regular section of the department store. Instead, you have to go to the maternity sections or shops. Maternity jeans are bottoms with bands tucked around your pregnant belly. They are comfortable and secure. For maternity jeans, it is best to look for brands that are closest to your skin tone. If you decide to buy maternity jeans with black bands, you might find it challenging to pair them up with any tops, especially if the shirt is white or of a lighter sheer material.
- Basics. For your tops, look for more neutral colors. In this way, you can dress it up or dress it down, or wear it as much as you want since you can style them in different ways. If you buy clothes with different patterns or bright colors, your outfits will look too repetitive.
- Throw-Ons. With your basics, you can put on cardigans or pullovers to complete the look. With these articles, you can dress up or dress down as much as you like without anyone realizing that your tank top is the same one you wore just three days ago.
High-waisted Skirts. High-waisted skirts are convenient, especially if they are of stretchable material. They can be classy while not compromising your comfort, which should be the priority for pregnant ladies and to keep their mood swings at bay.
- Dresses. For those days when you have to go quickly, and you don't have the time to match articles, a beautiful dress is a must. They are stylish and comfortable. Please take note that when you make your purchase, the dress is long enough that when your belly grows more, it doesn't ride up too much. So, maxi dresses are probably the way to go.
- Maternity Shoes. Putting on a lot of weight so suddenly could take a toll on your body. So, best look for comfortable shoes you can wear in the house or the park as you go on your morning strolls. Along with your dresses, it is nice to know what shoes to wear with maternity dresses.
What Should I Consider When Buying Maternity Shoes
Being able to stay classy and comfortable is achievable when you know what shoes to wear with maternity dresses. But more than that, it is good to look into their inner workings before you consider the styles. The following are points to consider when purchasing maternity shoes:
- Easy to wear. Maternity shoes should be effortless and painless to wear since the last months of pregnancy will hinder your movements. You should be able to wear them without requiring help from anybody. So, try to avoid laces.
- Non-slip. When pregnant, you have to be able to move around freely, even when you can no longer go the same speed. Thus, non-slip rubber soles are the way to go. It will ensure that you are always safe when walking while putting extra support on your joints.
- Soft cushion. Extra weight means that it becomes more difficult for the soles of your feet. Thus, go the extra mile with footwear designed with soft cushion. You can even go ahead and look for shoes with memory foam.
- Wide. Sometimes, you have to go for the shoes which are broader around the feet. Avoid tight-fitting shoes so your feet will not become sore instantly.
- Stylish. Again, during pregnancy, you don't have to compromise your style. Go for the outfits you want and dress-up your bump. Strut down the streets, being the beautiful mom you are.
Pregnancy means that you have to consider a lot of changes in your lifestyle. These changes include the contents of your wardrobe. So, research on comfortable ways of dressing while pregnant and what shoes to wear with maternity dresses or with any other outfits to have a complete hold on your appearance and confidence.
September 2, 2020
By: Alicia Davis
A bouncy house can turn your kid’s party to an entirely new level of fun. However, inflatable houses are not just excellent for parties, and they can also be used for weekend playdates.